OT: Nightwish

I don't like it. It jumps between a psychotic circus and behind the scenes for their movie, which tells no story on its own. Plus, they give about 80 seconds from it, the really nice orchestral part in the middle.

The song is insanely good, though. The full length one.

Thanks Melisan

Loving the clips. Massive sounds with the horns, vocals, drums, guitars etc. Just when it seems like they can't possibly write any better songs than they have already done, Nightwish does it again.

Getting rid of Tarja was the best thing they did because the band is about great music. She really missed the ball on that one when she thought the band was all about her.

I just listened to Imaginaerum, and I must say it's an absolute masterpiece. The album takes bits and pieces of the band's past albums and conjures up an extraordinary audio adventure. It's as if Tuomas did a Tim Burton movie marathon one day and made a whole album out of it.

Without a doubt, this is the best album I've picked up this year.

Is anyone going to the Nightwish concert at Universal Studios on Jan 21? It will be their biggest US concert ever. I'm looking forward to it.

I also got Imaginaerum with a pre-order package. (I agree that not releasing on the same day in the Internet age is stupid!) I like it, especially Rest Calm and Last Ride. The music is really dramatic. I do prefer Tarja's vocals, but these songs ask Annette to do what she does well, and we get other types of vocals from Marco (awesome) and the choir.

I also really like Simone, but am happy to keep her in Epica, who I saw 3 times last year in LA and San Diego (they were great live!), and who are in my top 3 newer bands, along with Within Temptation and Delain.

Yup I'm going. Not really concerned about Dommin or the other Finnish band on the bill, though. Still a ton of seats available, too. I had no problem getting the seat of my choice.

Nightwish are playing a "secret" gig at the Key Club on 1/19. Tix are $13. If you wanna see em up close, this is your chance.

http://www.keyclub.com/event/81835/

$13 and it is a "secret gig". Funny thing is that when they played in Minneapolis at the time I started this thread, the ticket price was $18. At the time, I couldn't believe how low the ticket price was. Plus, they played at First Avenue ( Purple Rain movie filmed at that club). Capacity of about 1200 there. Best concert ever!! Up close and personal. None of that football stadium waste of time and money concert.

Many, many bands that don't sound nearly as good charge many times more. Nightwish and Rush are about the only 2 bands I would pay big bucks to see.

I saw them. They were a little bumpy in the beginning but got better as it went on. They all played well but I was really let down by the lack of older material. I ended up not going to the Gibson show due to being ill, but I didn't feel bad about it because I was so let down at the lack of Tarja-era material.

I gotta say, the addition of the woodwind player and backing vocalist really added a lot.

I just bought nightwishes greatest hits album. It's called Highest Hopes The Best Of Nightwish. It has all the stuff the did with Tarja. I bought it over the weekend at Best Buy. I was about to snag a copy of there new album but I saw there greatest hits. I didn't even know it was out. So I bought it along with the new Within Temptation album which is awsome by the way.

They play the Grove in Anaheim next Friday with Kamelot supporting. Wondering if anyone is going. I know the Oceansouls fan club crew will be there but figured I'd check here since so many of us are in the OC.

Well Nita, our Friday plans may be cleared for us... Anette was hospitalized last night, and she wrote this in her blog.

Saturday, 29 September 2012

My dear ones...

I am so sorry that I couldn't be on stage yesterday in Denver:-( I got very ill the night before and first went to the ER in the morning and were there for 5 hours before they released me with some painkillers and thought it was a kidney stone. Unfortunately I got worse at 7 in the evening and started vomitting heavily and my fever rised.

After talking to the hospital they said I should cancel the show and come straight back in to the ER. I was there all night and I was very dehydrated so they gave me 2 litres of fluid though an IV, they did blood tests, ultrasounds on my kidneys and finally a ct scan. These tests didn't show why I was so ill but probably the stomach pain has a connection with me having the flu or just stress. They did find something else though and for that I'm grateful. If I didn't do the scan I wouldn't know there's a big cyst in my liver and I need to go check it out ASAP at home. I do feel better today but still fever cough and a very soar throat but hopefully I can be on stage tonight, even if it means shorten the set list. Thanks for your time to read this!

Enjoy this day! -

Posted by Anette Olzon

-----

Oh damn. That is very scary. She needs to get that checked ASAP and forget the touring.

The Denver show was not cancelled despite her hospitalization. The two backup singers from Kamelot sang in her place. In some cases, they were holding printouts of the lyrics in their hands. Elise in particular did a killer job.

But get a load of this comment from Anette on her blog.

And one more thing..I was never asked if it was ok they used Elise and Alica in the show last night. I don't think it's a good decision they made and I'm sorry for those of you who came to see the whole band but got something else. But I was very ill and this decision wasn't mine. Tonight I'll be on stage doing my best despite illness:) See u in some hours!!

That was not a cool comment to make at all.

Wondering now if the show will even make it here.

Last edited by a moderator: