OT: Slayer live

Thats the word around the campfire. I heard they do 6 or 7 songs then launch into Reign nonstop. Cant wait to see it and I hope you have a good time. Shit, who am I kidding, Slayers always a good time live.

Heres what I read...."Setlist (i dont guarantee the exact order)
-Darkness of Christ
-Disciple
-War Ensemble (sp?)
-South of Heaven
-Stain of Mind
-Mandatory Suicide
-Dead Skin Mask
-God Send Death
-Payback
-Hell Awaits
Then they played the entire Reign in Blood album from beginning to end." Sounds great....

yep, they did it this summer in Germany , Wacken Opne Air, and they sucked(according to the writer of the article) they were stoned and drunk and they played the song to slow,Reign in Blood ; The Doom version!!

I have heard that rumors also. (And that one they sucked badly on recent summer festivals, as well) Anthrax thrashes them down onstage, anyway.

i saw them on divine intervention tour and they were lame,biohazard fried them so bad!!!

apart from that its a cool idea to play there classics cause they havent made a decent album since divine imo!!!

This is a repsonse I got form one ranter at KNAC.com
Farkus - 10/14/2003 1:29:56 PM
DarbysDad: They played every single track on the entire friggin album! They closed the show I saw (10/12/03) with Postmortem/Raining In Blood. This is a must-see show... (glad to see Lombardo back)

hey i was at the astoria gig too for slayer and anthrax. in what way did you think slayer were better? hanneman sucked, he badly needs some guitar lessons...

anthrax_moshing_maniac said:
They were better tho! i love anthrax but slayer put on a better show that night! tomahawk and the melvins were better tho!

Well, they did do it all. Here is the set:

Slayer
October 14, 2003
Columbus, OH
Newport

Darkness of Christ (recording)
Disciple
War Ensemble
At Dawn They Sleep
Stain of Mind
God Send Death
Payback (!!!!!)
Mandatory Suicide
Fight 'Till Death (!!!!!!!)
Dead Sking Mask
Hell Awaits
South of Heaven
Angel of Death
Piece by Piece
Necrophobic
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
Criminally Insane
Reborn
Epidemic
Postmortem
Raining Blood

I really love Dave Lombardo.

I stuck around long enough to get Reign in Blood signed by Tom, Jeff and Kerry. I told Tom I missed Stryper for this and he laughed. (They played Columbus tonight too.)

anthrax_moshing_maniac said:
I enjoyed slayer more because the set was killer! the sound ruled! NO mistakes all night it was a killer set, plus they dident do any iron boredom covers!
Yesterday there was an article on the back page of the accent section of the local paper. On the top of the page it says "stairway to heaven" and shows Stryper and on the bottom is says "Highway to hell" and shows Slayer.
There's an interview with Tom where he said "I wasn't the metal one when this band started. When Kerry said, 'Listen to Iron Maiden,' I said 'Who?'
"The first Iron Maiden album blew my mind..."

Fuck, anybody that ever played or tried to play a Slayer tune on guitar can see that Maiden influence, big time. The way they run scales throughout the songs is very similar as well as the gallop that they both use (The Trooper). Maidens badass, Slayer rules, Anthrax stomps. Fuck, im going to go back in time, insert flashback music here, I remember trading a set of speakers for "Piece of Mind" and a few other tapes when I was a kid and burning that tape off its reels. Slayer started out as a Iron Maiden/Judas Priest cover band anyway, didnt they?

Oh, and Dave Lombardo rules. I saw him play with Testament on "The Gathering" tour and with Slayer twice, what a fuckin prodigy. Bostaph is good but he aint no Lombardo.