OT: Slayer live

I was there, it was insane. I've seen Slayer at least 8 times, and I've never seen anything like that. In fact, I can't think of any band that played an entire album as an encore. The pit was mellower than I expected, I guess all of us old schoolers are showing our age. It startled my date initially, but then she was like "that pit ain't too bad is it?" Good times, good times.

TD said:
I was there, it was insane. I've seen Slayer at least 8 times, and I've never seen anything like that. In fact, I can't think of any band that played an entire album as an encore. The pit was mellower than I expected, I guess all of us old schoolers are showing our age. It startled my date initially, but then she was like "that pit ain't too bad is it?" Good times, good times.
The pit was more into Hatebreed than Slayer. Me? I was in the balconey.

P.S.: Delpi, that is cool that you met Tom Araya, Slayer are an elusive band to meet. I've met about every band I've wanted to, but never Slayer. Last night, rather than stay in the cold and rain, we had a quick coldie and headed home. I guess I should have went behind the 'Port.

TD said:
P.S.: Delpi, that is cool that you met Tom Araya, Slayer are an elusive band to meet. I've met about every band I've wanted to, but never Slayer. Last night, rather than stay in the cold and rain, we had a quick coldie and headed home. I guess I should have went behind the 'Port.
It was worth it just to hear the drunk stoner jock looking dude waiting too.

Many great comments from him such as:

"TOM, WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BLOODLUST!?"

"I just farted next to Jeff Hanneman!"

"We're now selling urine samples of Jeff Hanneman for $5 in Hemlock/Jager shot glasses!"

"Hey Jeff, how many bugs did you count in Kerry's beard?"

"How do you like your new drummer?" (he didn't know it was Lombardo)

This guy was better than anyone on the Fans Rule section of the Warfield DVD.

I'll be seeing them Nov. 16th.
I think I'll copy Lone Justin's idea, and have them sign my Reign In Blood CD...

jdelpi said:
The pit was more into Hatebreed than Slayer. Me? I was in the balconey.

Hey guys,

How was Hatebreed? OK? THat dude cracks me up! (Jamey Josta) He's super-mellow on headbanger's ball then he's all hardcore on stage.

How was ArchEnemy?

Looking forward to Slayer!!!!!

Anybody have "early admission" I was just wondering how early you get in? Anything going on when you get in early?

I'm going Friday the 24th in Cleveland.

hatebreed are one of my favorite bands and jasta is a most excellent frontman, if you are going to see them live, get ready for a good show, but then again, i notice that a lot of metal heads dont like hatebreed, why not, i dont know.

If the set list is even close to what Justin posted I'm there next Wednesday in Poughkeepsie.. My only complaint was the last time I went there to see Slayer the crowd was a bunch of nu metal pussies that can't handle some old fuck like me going nuts... FUCK NU METAL.. Fuck it up its stupid ass!