OT The Butterfly Effect Live

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
TimmyC will vouch for this as he was with me last night.

WHAT A GIG!!! TBE put on a killer live set last night at a sold out HQ.

Man any doubters who thought they had gone all soft should wake up!!! Heavy as hell last night and boy did the crowd respond.

What a killer gig that was. :headbang:

Don't know what you're talking about mate......that gig was the most average I've seen in years and the crowd was ready to go home after 3 songs.........

Just jokes!!!! Aliasp is not wrong at all in his summary of the best gig I have ever witnessed by an Oz band. Simply put - they were damn brilliant. My other half who came with me was smiling ear to ear all night saying how amazing they were too. Either that or she was just besotted by Clint their singer, hahaha. And they had the crowd eating from the palm of their hand from start to finish. That 3rd song (Slow Descent) was the one song Aliasp that I mentioned I'd be in for - well I did, and shit I'm so unfit! At least the tune has some reprieve with the mellow bits!!!

Awesome stuff.

WORD ... SPEAK IT!!!

They absolutely tore it up and it's always much more fun seeing bands in a smaller venue (especially when it is sold out and packed to the rafters). Clint for me is easily the best frontman of any band this country has produced in yonks (thats ages for you OS people)!!! What a stage presence and what a damn fantastic voice.

Yeah one of the best frontmen worldwide imo. Sadly it may only be a matter of time before TBE play Thebbie and bigger venues now (but good for them - they fully deserve it).

Hard to define..... hard rock would put them into a category with all the wrong bands though. But you could say there's elements of heavy rock in there, moody slow stuff, downright kickarse riffs, beautiful melodic stuff. You really need to check them out yourself to get a feel - I'd suggest their Imago record as the best place. Help me out aliasp!!! Is this close enough????!!!!!

PS - meant to tell you the other night - have you heard Death Angel playing with (wait for it!!!!) Armoured Saint in Oz early 09??!!!!!! Gig is at HQ!!!!!

Hard to define..... hard rock would put them into a category with all the wrong bands though. But you could say there's elements of heavy rock in there, moody slow stuff, downright kickarse riffs, beautiful melodic stuff. You really need to check them out yourself to get a feel - I'd suggest their Imago record as the best place. Help me out aliasp!!! Is this close enough????!!!!!

PS - meant to tell you the other night - have you heard Death Angel playing with (wait for it!!!!) Armoured Saint in Oz early 09??!!!!!! Gig is at HQ!!!!!

thx i heard death angel and armored saint were coming,getting tickets shortly

TBE are more progressive melodic rock these days. Their older stuff is more hard and heavy though live all their songs just sound heavy.