OT - The World Cup, Anyone?

Julz said:
Just a question dude. I've heard the fans get a bit "colourful" with each other at those games :p
Ahh. I thought you were suggestiong something.

The games do get quite "colourful" this is true. Last years meeting between the two started with a riot. The game hadn't even started but as soon as the Serbs came into the home ground they were attacked. The next match was held at a neutral venue, the two supporters were meant to leave at different times but this didnt happen and there was another riot after the game, a bus was destroyed. They showed the Croatians breaking a window (was broken by a Serb but the Croatians were complelty taking the window out so they don't get cut) and pulling out a stick and smacking the Serbs with it. All quite ridiculous really, but hilarious to watch as a by stander. Until offcourse you get hurt, but thats the price you pay.

There were a few other occasions but I was to small to remember clearly. I just remember bricks were thrown one time. Alot of crazy shit happens.

1 GK RICARDO - (POR)
3 DF SORIN Juan - (ARG)
5 DF OSORIO Ricardo - (MEX)
5 DF CANNAVARO Fabio - (ITA)
15 DF RAMOS Sergio - (ESP)
21 MF PIRLO Andrea - (ITA)
11 MF NEDVED Pavel - (CZE)
20 MF DECO - (POR)
10 MF RIQUELME Juan - (ARG)
17 FW CRISTIANO RONALDO - (POR)
4 FW ADEBAYOR Emmanuel - (TOG)

Id agree with some of your picks, Lillian Thuram was by far on par with any defender in the world cup.

Adebayor I thought was a huge disappointment, I expected a little more from him.. he didnt get a ton of service on Togo but even when he did he looked terrible. Surprised Klose isnt on your list.

I also thought Nedved had a terrible world cup.. he didnt look like a dominant midfielder what -so-ever.I thought he only played one decent game.Torsten Frings for Germany really stood out in midfield he can hold and attack, its no suprise germany lost the only game he didnt play.Ribery also for France really stood out, and really came out of no where.

I love C.Ronaldo's skill but maybe with maturity he will learn to pass.. he makes great runs but always runs himself into 3 defenders and then shoots. I dont think we have seen the best he could be yet.

I love the way he controlls the ball. He reminds me Muhammed Ali, really i am not kidding. He plays the ball like Ali plays with his opponent :)