Out of incredible boredom, a really stupid poll.

Mike or Conor?

• The crazy Swede!

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • The angsty Nabraskan!

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Schraiber

Opeth fanboy
Feb 5, 2002
Hell
Who is a better song writer, Conor Oberst (from Bright Eyes, who you may or may not have heard) or Mike Akerfeldt (Who you should have heard if you are here!)? A lot of people are saying Conor is something of a new age Bob Dylan, but I think his song writing skills are very very basic. He can write some okay stuff (don't tell anyone I said this!) but meh. Of course I'm expecting Opeth to win here. This is basically a "What do you think about Bright Eyes" thread, in a lot of ways =P

I really want to like Bright Eyes but the singing almost drives me insane. I love it because it's so off and passionate and everything, but musically it well...hurts.

The songwriting is pretty original in a lot of ways, but nowhere near opeth. Then again it's totally different so

yeah you were really bored wern't ya

OOgly BOogly Moogly babasqueeze monkey squealing poo snatch mongrel of elephantitis sour juice milk of obscene gesture mannerisms spanking doohickle ballchoker madoodle slappy dappy boof swank!

hows that for boredom? :Smug:

Posted By: Guardian of Darkness
The 'so.....whos melinda?1!!' thread DEFINES boredom. It's my favourite thread EVER.

It's fun reading, too. You show real skill in that thread. :confused:

My first Opeth song was...
Goddamn wrong thread.