Out of those who completely love WM, how many still miss Bush a little ?

joey78

Mar 5, 2004
India
I do , no lies.

I absolutely love WM and I think it's possibly the best record by Anthrax ever.

But I do miss John Bush's singing.

And I honestly think if not for Bush Anthrax would have never taken the direction they did which led them to making such great music on WM.

Not even a little bit. WM proves beyond the iota of a doubt that Joey is capable of a variety of styles, and possesses a range that John Bush can only dream of.

I love both singers equal. I will say that John singing Joey songs is way better then Joey singing John songs. Bottom line is that WM is the best CD out today. Fall tour with Testament is gonna rule.

Yeah, Bush is one of my favorite singers. When I was listening to WM there are songs that I think would have suited him better. In the End is my fav track right now and I don't think John would have done it better than Joey. Joey nails that song. So what does that say? Beats me.

You can go back to what the band said about them not being able to continue on as a band if Johh Bush stayed. This album would have never happened if it wasn't for the Reunion tour and specifically Joey.

Joey pulls of everything perfectly on this new album and there would be no other singer that would ever need to sing for Anthrax ever again.

Bush's vocal style was not dynamic it was the same thing over and over again and this change was MUCH needed. This album wouldn't have gotten half the publicity or praise if he was on it. It would have been another 'bush era' album and would have gotten them nowhere fast.

Bush will do just fine in Burger King commercials and doing some Armored Saint tunes.

And for those that continue to pretend John Bush is not an '80's' singer, give me a break already. Just because he conformed and changed his look to fit each years current fashion trends (Fedora hat, Eddie Vedder outfits, Phil Anselmo outfits, etc) doesn't mean jack shit. He came from the 80's and has an 80's voice.... just sounds like he has smoked thousands of cigarettes and has little range.. To be realistic other that SOWN he and the band didn't do anything too spectacular while he was in Anthrax. Best of luck to him. Anthrax is now back!

It's a double edged sword. It's a really well written record and Joey sounds better than he ever did (at least to me)...but I still know I would like it a lot better with John singing it. The thing is, John's voice was 50% of why I dig Anthrax...but regardless I want to give props to Joey for delivering his best performances on here. Much better than I expected him to sound.

Do I miss Bush? He is a nice guy, good vocals. I am afraid I do not like the last album at all. I liked Stomp 442 and of course SOWN a lot. So no, I didn't like the direction the band went with him on vocals at all. Is that because of Bush or the other guys writing? Who knows and who cares (wins).

Do I miss Joey, NOT ANYMORE! Fucking Worship Music RULESSSSSSS:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Bush in armored saint interests me as much as joey's solo career clearly interested all his anthrax fans

It's a double edged sword. It's a really well written record and Joey sounds better than he ever did (at least to me)...but I still know I would like it a lot better with John singing it. The thing is, John's voice was 50% of why I dig Anthrax...but regardless I want to give props to Joey for delivering his best performances on here. Much better than I expected him to sound.

Agreed 100%:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

T:)