Out of those who completely love WM, how many still miss Bush a little ?

John Bush will always be missed by great many fans of this band because he was (for me - still is) a voice of Anthrax no matter how successful this album (or all albums that will follow) will be.
I do like Worship Music, I don't even give a damn about transitional tracks, or a long pause between the last one and the hidden one. And, yes, Joey sounds almost excellent through the whole thing. So, Worship Music or its success, or its sales numbers* don't have absolutely anything to do with love and admiration that a huge quantity of Anthrax followers feel towards John.
May he be blessed and happy.

*Why are so many people here concerned with the quantity of already or eventually sold albums? Or with number of attendance here or there? Do you think those Beethoven admirers were seriously involved in his business affairs? I don't give a damn how much money Anthrax make because:
1. I'm not on the receiving end;
2. I'm too polite to be nosy;
3. It's fucking boring.

John Bush will always be missed by great many fans of this band because he was (for me - still is) a voice of Anthrax no matter how successful this album (or all albums that will follow) will be.
I do like Worship Music, I don't even give a damn about transitional tracks, or a long pause between the last one and the hidden one. And, yes, Joey sounds almost excellent through the whole thing. So, Worship Music or its success, or its sales numbers* don't have absolutely anything to do with love and admiration that a huge quantity of Anthrax followers feel towards John.
May he be blessed and happy.

*Why are so many people here concerned with the quantity of already or eventually sold albums? Or with number of attendance here or there? Do you think those Beethoven admirers were seriously involved in his business affairs? I don't give a damn how much money Anthrax make because:
1. I'm not on the receiving end;
2. I'm too polite to be nosy;
3. It's fucking boring.

Well said - AMEN!

T:)

My 2 cents...I miss Bush....But...

For starters, I grew up during the Bush years. Sound Of White Noise was my first heavy metal album I ever heard, so I was always a bit biased towards the Bush era of Anthrax (and yes I am in the "minority" of those who believe that all the Bush-era albums after SoWN were good or better...)

However, I did later take a major interest in pure thrash metal as a whole later on and that certainly included the early Anthrax albums with Joey so I've always respected the Joey-era material along with Joey's set of talents as a vocalist.

Those points being said, Worship Music is a great album and I think that Joey is the main star of the show. His vocals on this album are easily the best on any Anthrax album he has ever been on. In fact, I really don't know that John could have touched him in this instance had John been on the album instead...Simply put, Joey was on fire during the vocal sessions for Worship Music...

Much love to John though because I'll still always miss his stage antics, his vocal work, and his presence in Anthrax...But I'm glad to see Joey back in finest form and helping contribute to the new album in a MAJOR way!

One thing I'd love to see someday from the band is an album of new songs with both Joey and John on vocals...John performs on a few, while Joey does the majority of the album seeing how he is the main frontman for the band right now. And maybe here and there both singers would appear together on select songs (Joey harmonizes under John in a chorus on one song, John provides a gang vocal in another chours, etc...) I know it will never happen but one can dream, lol

Don't miss Bush at all..... Never liked the music they released with him.. I like WM.. Alot of it almost sounds like Bushthrax but Joey saves it..

As much as I like Bush and the music they created with him, we now have Joey back and a great fucking record, with the band finally moving forwards again.

It's all Anthrax. It's all great.

I love the Bush-era albums. But, this album really does make up for the 8-year wait. Miss him? In ways I do, in ways I don't. Apparently he's still friends with the band, but is done with any large-scale music projects, so I'm thrilled for Joey to be back. And I also respect John's reasons, as family should always come first.

And frankly, timmyc put it best: IT'S ALL ANTHRAX. IT'S ALL GREAT. +1 yo, +1. :headbang:

I love the Bush-era albums. But, this album really does make up for the 8-year wait. Miss him? In ways I do, in ways I don't. Apparently he's still friends with the band, but is done with any large-scale music projects, so I'm thrilled for Joey to be back. And I also respect John's reasons, as family should always come first.

And frankly, timmyc put it best: IT'S ALL ANTHRAX. IT'S ALL GREAT. +1 yo, +1. :headbang:

THIS :headbang:

One thing I'd love to see someday from the band is an album of new songs with both Joey and John on vocals...John performs on a few, while Joey does the majority of the album seeing how he is the main frontman for the band right now. And maybe here and there both singers would appear together on select songs (Joey harmonizes under John in a chorus on one song, John provides a gang vocal in another chours, etc...) I know it will never happen but one can dream, lol

Obviously not exactly what you're talking about but John Bush and Joey Belladonna have both sang on an Anthrax song together...of course it's technically NOT an Anthrax song but rather a cover...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't really miss him at all. I was actually one of those who thought bringing Joey back might be a mistake. I was wrong.

I wonder if John & Joey were in the studio together for that....

If you're referring to the Ball Of Confusion cover song, yes both Joey and John were in the studio when that song was recorded. Back in 1999, Anthrax had attempted to do a reunion tour with both Joey and John on vocals with each vocalist doing part of the set. After that song was recorded at the studio, Joey bailed because he didn't feel the compensation Anthrax offered for the tour was fair. Scott and Charlie were so pissed, they were quoted as saying "He's [Joey] dead to me." So dramatic, these guys :lol:

So that was the 1st of 3 attempts to get Joey back in the fold counting the 2005 reunion and now. Anthrax is one happy dysfunctional family :lol:

As far as the thread topic, I don't see why Anthrax ever replaced Joey after hearing this great album. Joey's vocal range is phenomenal and his multi-part harmonizing and melodies breathes life into the songs. There's nothing "80's" about that. After hearing the album in its entirety, its silly to even compare him to John. John did his thing with Anthrax but vocal range and memorable multi-layered harmonies is not his strong suit.

If you're referring to the Ball Of Confusion cover song, yes both Joey and John were in the studio when that song was recorded. Back in 1999, Anthrax had attempted to do a reunion tour with both Joey and John on vocals with each vocalist doing part of the set. After that song was recorded at the studio, Joey bailed because he didn't feel the compensation Anthrax offered for the tour was fair. Scott and Charlie were so pissed, they were quoted as saying "He's [Joey] dead to me." So dramatic, these guys :lol:

I knew about that, but I didn't know if Joey & John ever met. Talk about awkward.

EDIT: Found it
bushbelladonna.jpg

Joey doesn't look too happy