Out of those who completely love WM, how many still miss Bush a little ?

I miss John Bush as the singer of Anthrax.

Life has its roll, I guess.

New album sounds ok though.
Agreed!

I'm miss him a lot!!
WM is a solid album, the music sound a lot like the Bush era album. So the Belladonna's babys who claim that ¨the trash is back in anthrax¨ and the ¨anthrax is a grunge band with Bush¨ are wrong if they thinked that Bush era was not Anthrax!
It's the same thing, with a different voice!

Agreed!

I'm miss him a lot!!
WM is a solid album, the music sound a lot like the Bush era album. So the Belladonna's babys who claim that ¨the trash is back in anthrax¨ and the ¨anthrax is a grunge band with Bush¨ are wrong if they thinked that Bush era was not Anthrax!
It's the same thing, with a different voice!

Actually Crawl is the "grungest" song they have ever written!

Oddly enough those Bush era songs are NOT that different to what you hear on WM. I like them the way they are. I don't know why they had to write songs like Toast To The Extras...but then again I don't know why they made something as corny as I'm Alive...
...they do what they do...some I like some I don't ....

T:)

Comparing Im Alive with Toast To The Extras?

Im Alive, while slowed down is still heavy and fits in on the new album. Toast To The Extras is joke filler and nothing more. It has absolutely no business whatsoever being on an Anthrax record.

Comparing Im Alive with Toast To The Extras?

Im Alive, while slowed down is still heavy and fits in on the new album. Toast To The Extras is joke filler and nothing more. It has absolutely no business whatsoever being on an Anthrax record.
They've done a lot of goofy song like that before on Joey's era album. (I'm the man, NFB, etc...).

I actually like that song (A Toast To Extras). It's very comfortable to sing it when you're drunk...

If someone likes that song there is not much else to really argue about. They obviously are into really bad music and you can't really have any further discussions.

This has to be the lowest point in the bands entire career. If it was a b-side that you had to dig for okay fine. But this is a main track on the album. A terrible song on an already terrible album

The same band that did songs like this.. unreal

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone likes that song there is not much else to really argue about. They obviously are into really bad music and you can't really have any further discussions.

This has to be the lowest point in the bands entire career. If it was a b-side that you had to dig for okay fine. But this is a main track on the album. A terrible song on an already terrible album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnz1zozlVqI

The same band that did songs like this.. unreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkJure0SCw

Yikes... horrible, just horrible.

Wow, that is bad. Just putrid. Crazy how far Anthrax had fallen. WM is not a perfect album, far from it, but it is eons better than the trash Vol. 8, Stomp and WCFYA albums.

You know, seeing how this has all played out and how Anthrax is actually selling albums again, makes me wonder if Scott and Charlie could go back and do it all over again, do they still fire Joey in 91?

I know they would never admit it but they have to be wondering how much better their careers would have been had they stayed the course with Joey and continued writing Anthrax music. It is quite obvious that they would not have fallen into the pit of irrelevancy had they just continued on with Joey and continued on in a thrashier vein.

You guys are unbelievable.
You trashed a whole album based on 1 song? Come on, like WM, V8 is not perfect. Cut out the Joey vs John bullshit and look at the main issue, it lays on the situation the band was in during the time. WM ( which include some find heavy shit plus some pop-metal stint) was released at the best time of their career ( for the moment), V8 ( which include some find heavy shit plus some pop-metal stint) was released at the low point of their career and how the label goes out of business does not help the band.
The guys tried hard to make the album float, but the situation is just not right!! Not need to imagine stuffs for what we have right now is what it is!!
To call V8 as mundane just shows that u haven't listen to the whole album thoroughly, give it a try (again) maybe you'll change your mind..(wow..this one sounded rehearsed)

Yeah Toast is roast!! Not the greatest song they've written, same with the Constant (not their greatest), same with Blood ( repetitive), Schism (lyrically), that acid based title of a song from SOWN ( what the hell was that??), Riding Shotgun( u know this song right? hopefully), Aftershock ( the cocky Scott's backing vocals) AND Horror of it All.. to list a few.

To call V8 as mundane just shows that u haven't listen to the whole album thoroughly, give it a try (again) maybe you'll change your mind..(wow..this one sounded rehearsed)

False, Ive heard the album.

Yeah Toast is roast!! Not the greatest song they've written, same with the Constant (not their greatest), same with Blood ( repetitive), Schism (lyrically), that acid based title of a song from SOWN ( what the hell was that??), Riding Shotgun( u know this song right? hopefully), Aftershock ( the cocky Scott's backing vocals) AND Horror of it All.. to list a few.

All great songs.

You guys are unbelievable.
You trashed a whole album based on 1 song? Come on, like WM, V8 is not perfect. Cut out the Joey vs John bullshit and look at the main issue, it lays on the situation the band was in during the time. WM ( which include some find heavy shit plus some pop-metal stint) was released at the best time of their career ( for the moment), V8 ( which include some find heavy shit plus some pop-metal stint) was released at the low point of their career and how the label goes out of business does not help the band.
The guys tried hard to make the album float, but the situation is just not right!! Not need to imagine stuffs for what we have right now is what it is!!

It's OK friend. I know exactly how you feel. Take solice from the fact that most people here like you have supported the band through thick and thin, they havn't. It's what is referred to as a "Fair weather fan". They let the band down when they needed support the most. They have to constantly put they band down. I guess Joey era fans must be the real fans, fans of both eras a Bushthrax dont count for them.

False, Ive heard the album.

All great songs.

Which means that it is time for u 2 give it another spin..Really..i mean it..:Smokin:

It's OK friend. I know exactly how you feel. Take solice from the fact that most people here like you have supported the band through thick and thin, they havn't. It's what is referred to as a "Fair weather fan". They let the band down when they needed support the most. They have to constantly put they band down. I guess Joey era fans must be the real fans, fans of both eras a Bushthrax dont count for them.

:kickass:

..and no..i'm not comparing songs..i'm stating the obvious, every album has its down side, somehow those downsides were minimal in STD, ATL and SOE, but are quite clear in POT, SOWN and so on..To down grade albums for certain songs is just..:rolleyes::puke::loco::confused:

Which means that it is time for u 2 give it another spin..Really..i mean it..:Smokin:

..and no..i'm not comparing songs..i'm stating the obvious, every album has its down side, somehow those downsides were minimal in STD, ATL and SOE, but are quite clear in POT, SOWN and so on..To down grade albums for certain songs is just..:rolleyes::puke::loco::confused:

Id say they are more minimal in POT and quite clear in SOE, SOWN.

I have listened to Stomp, Vol. 8 and WCFYA all multiple times. They were all 90% trash then and they are 90% trash now. Period. I am not going to force myself to enjoy them simply because its "Anthrax". I have a mind of my own and I don't let a band name influence whether I think the music is good or not.

It has nothing to being a "fair-weather" fan and everything to do with whether I think the music is enjoyable or not. I will follow a band whether they are popular or not, whether they drop my favorite members or through anything else you can think of.....as long as they continue to make music I enjoy. Slayer did, Exodus did, Testament did and so did other bands that I have stuck with over the years. Even when Slayer releases a song that I do not like (and there has been a few), they balance it by having an overall solid album.

Anthrax did not do this. They released 18 years of music that I pretty much detested, with a few exceptions. I will not continue to support a band that does that.

So the problem is actually your bad taste! NOTHING to do with Anthrax...

So the problem is actually your bad taste! NOTHING to do with Anthrax...

I have impeccable taste but taste is subjective so whatever. I will say that the majority of Anthrax fans agree with me. Hence why they sold so poorly in the Bush years but are revived after Joey rejoins.