Out of those who completely love WM, how many still miss Bush a little ?

I love the Bush-era albums. But, this album really does make up for the 8-year wait. Miss him? In ways I do, in ways I don't. Apparently he's still friends with the band, but is done with any large-scale music projects, so I'm thrilled for Joey to be back. And I also respect John's reasons, as family should always come first.

And frankly, timmyc put it best: IT'S ALL ANTHRAX. IT'S ALL GREAT. +1 yo, +1. :headbang:

Exactly! It still may have been a great album with Bush because the Music is still great, but the hype would not have been the same and we will never know anyway. I'm absolutely stoked with this album. :headbang:

With both John and (I would imagine) Spitz, we need to remember that it seems to be family issues. Plus, it's quite obvious that Spitz & Scott don't see eye to eye on some things (religion being one of them), and those types of conflicts are hard to patch up. I'm pretty certain that we may have seen the last of Dan Spitz with Anthrax. However, I don't feel sorry for him because the dude has a very exclusive career that's tough to get into; I'm sure he's doing fine!

I wouldn't say poor mans, but they do both have that raspy quality to their voices, just like Greg Graffin, which I really like.

The finest tequila in the world!

Both have the raspy vocal style but Sammy has range that John Doesn't.

But Cabo Wabo tequilla is fucking awful. I used to be a big Tequilla drinker. Caba Wabo is on the bottom of the chain and wayyyyy too expensive.

I was just in Cabo San Lucas and went to his bar

If you're referring to the Ball Of Confusion cover song, yes both Joey and John were in the studio when that song was recorded. Back in 1999, Anthrax had attempted to do a reunion tour with both Joey and John on vocals with each vocalist doing part of the set. After that song was recorded at the studio, Joey bailed because he didn't feel the compensation Anthrax offered for the tour was fair. Scott and Charlie were so pissed, they were quoted as saying "He's [Joey] dead to me." So dramatic, these guys :lol:

So that was the 1st of 3 attempts to get Joey back in the fold counting the 2005 reunion and now. Anthrax is one happy dysfunctional family :lol:

As far as the thread topic, I don't see why Anthrax ever replaced Joey after hearing this great album. Joey's vocal range is phenomenal and his multi-part harmonizing and melodies breathes life into the songs. There's nothing "80's" about that. After hearing the album in its entirety, its silly to even compare him to John. John did his thing with Anthrax but vocal range and memorable multi-layered harmonies is not his strong suit.

No they were not in the studio together. John did his vocals first. And Joey Recorded his in NY at a later date.

I miss John Bush as the singer of Anthrax.

Life has its roll, I guess.

New album sounds ok though.

i agree and wish they had made a album more like WM when Bush was still in the band.

Oddly enough those Bush era songs are NOT that different to what you hear on WM. I like them the way they are. I don't know why they had to write songs like Toast To The Extras...but then again I don't know why they made something as corny as I'm Alive...
...they do what they do...some I like some I don't ....

T:)