Own Pictures Thread

OWN PICTURES- NOT ASTRO-stuff

20891431a9297650854l.jpg

:zombie:

Z0MGALEXI!1!!

Hey, aleta, do you, by chance, know what gravity is? Can you tell me, in a straightforward way, how to estimate the gravitational force exerted by, say, Jupiter, in you at the time of your birth? Do you even know why there are constellations in the night sky? That despite the nice names we give them, they're no way near to forming those nice designs, or that two stars that seem less than an arcssecond (you know that's how you measure apparent distance in the firmament, right?) away might be separated by thousands of light years? In short, can you give me one, only one, good reason why we should believe that astrology and its vague descriptions and predictions aren't total bunk?

Hey, aleta, do you, by chance, know what gravity is? Can you tell me, in a straightforward way, how to estimate the gravitational force exerted by, say, Jupiter, in you at the time of your birth? Do you even know why there are constellations in the night sky? That despite the nice names we give them, they're no way near to forming those nice designs, or that two stars that seem less than an arcssecond (you know that's how you measure apparent distance in the firmament, right?) away might be separated by thousands of light years? In short, can you give me one, only one, good reason why we should believe that astrology and its vague descriptions and predictions aren't total bunk?

gravity is force, energy, however you want to call it, and energy is what astrology is all about.
and the shapes that constellations are supposed to make can't be seen in their original form since they were defined a very, very long time ago.

I don't know much about astronomy, but it's data is used in astrology.

what do you even know about astrology? the easiest thing to do is to spit on things you know little about.
yes, astrology is abstract, but so is art, and are you going to call art bullshit?

here's an example of this "bullshit"; since your arguments are so scientific and you're pretty much against anything abstract or things you can't see with your own two, physical eyes - you're probably a zodiac sign that's of the element of earth; Taurus, Capricorn or Virgo. I would say Taurus or Capricorn, but more Taurus.

these signs (if typical) are mostly conservative, and deny any new ideas which are abstract or not seen in the physical world.

am I far from the truth?

^^What are you, some sort of oracle? cool. What will I have for dinner tomorrow?

+1, is there anything you don't know?:lol:

I want an ask Leandro thread:kickass:

gravity is force, energy, however you want to call it, and energy is what astrology is all about.
and the shapes that constellations are supposed to make can't be seen in their original form since they were defined a very, very long time ago.

what do you even know about astrology? the easiest thing to do is to spit on things you know little about.
yes, astrology is abstract, but so is art, and are you going to call art bullshit?

here's an example of this "bullshit"; since your arguments are so scientific and you're pretty much against anything abstract or things you can't see with your own two, physical eyes - you're probably a zodiac sign that's of the element of earth; Taurus, Capricorn or Virgo. I would say Taurus or Capricorn, but more Taurus.

these signs (if typical) are mostly conservative, and deny any new ideas which are abstract or not seen in the physical world.

am I far from the truth?

i like how you completely avoided a simple question, and just responded with your own question. Smells like politics.

original form? You do know that the only reason you see a form, is because you want to see a formation of stars in the sky? I could spray pee on the snow, and then take a picture of it. Come home and draw lines between the sprays of pee, and make a vague face, suddenly this will affect my testosterone levels and my attitude towards people?

The light from the stars you see in constellations, is thousands of thousands of years old, they probably arent even where we see them on the sky now even. Why should i think these obviously manmade "lines", that we see becuase we're told thats how they should be, affect us at all? What could these POSSIBLY do? Show me proof!

If you now respond to me with only questions and no answers(like you do in every post, even in the pm's), i will take that as a proof that you're just talking out of your ass.

Energy is a kinetic property of a system. There's a conserved quantity associated with time-translational invariance and that's all. No such thing as mystical forces or glowing eyes on people's foreheads - energy is just a measure of conservativeness of the universe and that's all. And it doesn't even make sense in general relativity, anyway. Yep, you heard me. Energy doesn't exist.

They didn't change appreciably for as long as humans have been alive. And it doesn't matter anyway, the point I was trying to make was a bit more subtle (i.e., there is NO shape)

So?

what do you even know about astrology?

Enough. I've had enough people try and convince me to believe it, but well, I couldn't believe in something that absurd no matter how hard I tried. The positions of astral objects don't influence human events, and that's final.

the easiest thing to do is to spit on things you know little about.

I know more than I should.

Art doesn't aim to predict or explain anything. If your atrology were just a way of beautifully arranging constellations (?) I'd have no problem with it.

am I far from the truth?

Your attempt at impressing me just failed. I'll leave it for yourself to figure out why.
FWIW, I don't really think that 'conservative' is a viable description of skepticism. If anything, astrology has been around since the ancient sumerians (yeah, they were much dumber than we are and some of us are still trapped in their beliefs) and skepticism is extremely new ;)

Now, just to point out - you completely avoided my question, so I'll repeat it here: In short, can you give me one, only one, good reason why we should believe that astrology and its vague descriptions and predictions aren't total bunk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, just to point out - you completely avoided my question, so I'll repeat it here: In short, can you give me one, only one, good reason why we should believe that astrology and its vague descriptions and predictions aren't total bunk?

because you could get to know yourself better?
personally I found a lot of truth about myself through astrology. there are some things about yourself you can't see, or don't want to see. that was probably your problem if you ever had a birth chart done by someone experienced in astrology.
I have, by a very intelligent astrologist. and prediction of the future is not the foundation for astrology, at least not for me.
it's to know your potential and use it to make yourself a better and more accomplished person.

I know why I'm having these arguments and wasting my time, but do you?

don't anwser me, anwser to yourself. why are you even wasting time on my "stupid" claims and beliefs?
I have my reasons why I explore astrology, and don't appreciate being misjudged for it.
I only wanted to help those who are interested in astrology, but it seems some of you have a huge problem with that. you must have a very good reason...

:oops:

because you could get to know yourself better?
personally I found a lot of truth about myself through astrology. there are some things about yourself you can't see, or don't want to see. that was probably your problem if you ever had a birth chart done by someone experienced in astrology.
I have, by a very intelligent astrologist. and prediction of the future is not the foundation for astrology, at least not for me.
it's to know your potential and use it to make yourself a better and more accomplished person.

I know why I'm having these arguments and wasting my time, but do you?

don't anwser me, anwser to yourself. why are you even wasting time on my "stupid" claims and beliefs?
I have my reasons why I explore astrology, and don't appreciate being misjudged for it.
I only wanted to help those who are interested in astrology, but it seems some of you have a huge problem with that. you must have a very good reason...

I don't need to illude myself with darkness and deceit to get to know myself better. I can get to know myself better through my experiences, which are the only thing that can truly leave a print of what I really am. When it comes to astrology, you choose what you want to believe in. Well, I like to skip the 'belief' part.

And the reason why I participate in these arguments is that I like to bring light to people. If someone reads it and realises they should be a bit more skeptical, interested enough in the truth to resist to the urge of wanting to believe, no matter how magical and beautiful their fantasy world can be, my job is done.

:oops:

I don't need to illude myself with darkness and deceit to get to know myself better. I can get to know myself better through my experiences, which are the only thing that can truly leave a print of what I really am. When it comes to astrology, you choose what you want to believe in. Well, I like to skip the 'belief' part.

And the reason why I participate in these arguments is that I like to bring light to people. If someone reads it and realises they should be a bit more skeptical, interested enough in the truth to resist to the urge of wanting to believe, no matter how magical and beautiful their fantasy world can be, my job is done.

and what makes you so sure you're right?
you know everything? you don't think there are things we can't see, but they still exist?