Own Pictures Thread

Germany is still on my list as a whole. Should be visiting it all in a couple of years when I'm there with the erasmus thing to improve my atm incredibly lame german. Should be a really nice year. My parents are already aware and ok with the fact that I won't come with more than 3-4 subjects passed, but it's ok as long as I get my german going. Which is btw a must if I want to enjoy Germany 100%.

Btw I have a question: what's up with the fucking beer+cola? I have a friend from germany here and he's like addicted to it. I don't see what's so good about it :erk:

Germany is still on my list as a whole. Should be visiting it all in a couple of years when I'm there with the erasmus thing to improve my atm incredibly lame german. Should be a really nice year. My parents are already aware and ok with the fact that I won't come with more than 3-4 subjects passed, but it's ok as long as I get my german going. Which is btw a must if I want to enjoy Germany 100%.

Btw I have a question: what's up with the fucking beer+cola? I have a friend from germany here and he's like addicted to it. I don't see what's so good about it :erk:

Beer cola now. The region where I was they mix cider and cola together. Its bloody horrible if you ask me but...Germans...

I adore Germany, and the people are amazingly friendly. I was sitting in a bar a couple of months ago and my girlfriend and her friends were speaking German (naturally) and I kept out of the conversation really as my German is extremely weak, and the guy asked my girlfriend why I was so quiet, she said because he is English, and all of a sudden, almost a gap in everyones conversations and bang, straight into English. :lol:. Great people. Austria is recommended too, but be careful, the Germans will say anything to stop you going to Republik Ostereich (umlauted 'O') because the elitist bastards kicked them out of the confederation of Germany in 1867.

Yeah, I know that, but well, first I'll have all Germany to explore, so I don't think I'll have much time to betray them by going to the Österreich :lol: Cider and cola? I'll stay clear of that, I like both separate, but don't think they'd do a nice mix. About beer and cola, my advice is no way.

I'm on the left.
Slide22.jpg

Yeah, I know that, but well, first I'll have all Germany to explore, so I don't think I'll have much time to betray them by going to the Österreich :lol: Cider and cola? I'll stay clear of that, I like both separate, but don't think they'd do a nice mix. About beer and cola, my advice is no way.

Beer and cola is still good but nothing to get drunk. We have a cola-beer called 'bibop' here and it's pretty good! It's cola and beer mixed with guarane..gua... a tropical fruit I think.
I don't know much about your beer mix drinks but we have tonsof mix drinks like beer + cola, beer + lemon, beer + banana, beer + cherry, beer + apple,.... I don't know who came up with this idea cause most of those mix drinks are horrible.
Btw. I have a new roommate fpr the next 4 weeks who is american and he said that we definitely have the best beers in the world! :kickass:

Beer and cola is still good but nothing to get drunk. We have a cola-beer called 'bibop' here and it's pretty good! It's cola and beer mixed with guarane..gua... a tropical fruit I think.
I don't know much about your beer mix drinks but we have tonsof mix drinks like beer + cola, beer + lemon, beer + banana, beer + cherry, beer + apple,.... I don't know who came up with this idea cause most of those mix drinks are horrible.
Btw. I have a new roommate fpr the next 4 weeks who is american and he said that we definitely have the best beers in the world! :kickass:

Well, you're beerland, so definitely you must have infinite combinations of beer with almost everything, but here in Spain beer is mixed with nothing. Well, there's a soft beer with a bit of lemon named "clara", but that's about it. And then we mix wine (only the cheap one though :lol:) with cola, and then top it with what you prefer (juice, rum, vodka, absynth, nothing...). My favourite one is with absynth, although that's probably because I end up throwing almost more absynth than cola :lol: Damn now I know what's the first thing I'm doing when my exams are done: I'm having one big bottle of that :kickass:

Theres a wine called El Tiempo (white wine...dry). It's fucking ace when mixed with Sprite/7up/Mountain Dew. Top it with vodka too i suppose and it will be oresome.

We do it mostly with red wine, although some do it with white too, yeah. But mine is red wine+cola+absynt. Mix? 5/8 wine, and then depends on how's your day/throat, 1/8 cola and 2/8 absynth if you are feeling like partying, 2/8 cola 1/8 absynth if you don't know and no absynth if it's an "I'm going to bed early/I have to study tomorrow/watever" kind of day. And there you have a cheap spanish drink. You can get 1L of that in the bars for 3-8€ depending on how "classy" the bar is, and in the supermarket, basic sizes: 1L wine=50 cents, 2L cola=60 cents and 70cl absynth=3-10€ depending on place. If buying for many friends, you can get drunk as a fucking monkey for 2€ each :lol: I guess that's about the only nice thing about Spain, together with paella, which is not actually tipical from Spain but from one small region, so there you have it :lol:

You´re gonna see the nicest parts of Germany then :) (I already hear snowy laughing, sorry man ;) ) I still haven´t seen Hamburg myself, but I hope to go there right after visiting Bremen in July.

:lol::lol:
nah I don't know if you can say that Berlin is good looking but it's awesome anyway. :D

I adore Germany, and the people are amazingly friendly. I was sitting in a bar a couple of months ago and my girlfriend and her friends were speaking German (naturally) and I kept out of the conversation really as my German is extremely weak, and the guy asked my girlfriend why I was so quiet, she said because he is English, and all of a sudden, almost a gap in everyones conversations and bang, straight into English. :lol:

:lol: that sounds so familiar!
Anytime there is a (english speaking)foreigner in your group anyone starts talking in english.
But be aware of the nice germans:lol: There are sooo many of them who love being in a foreign country because no one understands them when they're cursing

^
like it sounds :D
don't know, I have never been there but I like cities like Hamburg and Berlin and I don't know much about Heidelberg :D (Braunschweig is great too, not that big but a cool city:D)

We do it mostly with red wine, although some do it with white too, yeah. But mine is red wine+cola+absynt. Mix? 5/8 wine, and then depends on how's your day/throat, 1/8 cola and 2/8 absynth if you are feeling like partying, 2/8 cola 1/8 absynth if you don't know and no absynth if it's an "I'm going to bed early/I have to study tomorrow/watever" kind of day. And there you have a cheap spanish drink. You can get 1L of that in the bars for 3-8€ depending on how "classy" the bar is, and in the supermarket, basic sizes: 1L wine=50 cents, 2L cola=60 cents and 70cl absynth=3-10€ depending on place. If buying for many friends, you can get drunk as a fucking monkey for 2€ each :lol: I guess that's about the only nice thing about Spain, together with paella, which is not actually tipical from Spain but from one small region, so there you have it :lol:

Fuck yeah, I'm definetly visiting you in the near future and going out partying there :kickass:

How's Heidelberg? I think I'll end up there seeing as it's the best place to study what I study, but how's the city?
Well Heidelberg has a big and well known university and therefore lots of students anyway, so I think it´s perfect for your purpose. You can have a great time here, in the evening the streets, riverside and lots of bars are full of students (not all drunk, but well...). And of course it´s quite pretty and you could do some "culture" (castle, old streets and buildings, museum) if you like those things.
Only bad point is that it´s a bit expensive to get a decent room. There are lots of students sharing a flat, but you should be early with searching a room.
Well if you really decide to stay here I could surely have a look for you.
-- end of infomercial -- ;)