Own Pictures Thread

I've gotten that joke like a million times while I was in school. You know how kids get all "OMG" when word sex pops, right? I frankly got sick of it :lol:
Well in France this is even funnier (herm), since the word "Sussex" is pronounced as "suce-sexe", which you can translate as suck-sex. English classes were all the same.

:lol:

I love Bologne.Few years ago,my book in analytical chemistry had 2200 pages(without practices) and I could have 3 months to learn that book.Nowadays,thanx to Bologne,I have 800 pages "only''.Most of my professors are complaining abt Bologne,but students mostly like it,cause we have much less for studying eventhough we are spending abt 12 or 13 hours at uni every day.
+I was sarcastic,no way that my Uni in Belgrade could have the same reputation like some prestigious uni In England.

You love Bolgne? Either they are doing things much different over there or you don't care about what you'll make after uni. Here basically they've increased prices, reduced lessons, increased the time you have to study at home (time that before were lessons now is supossed to be covered by yourself at home), turned all degrees besides medicine into 4 years (yes, now it takes the same years to study to be a P.E. teacher than to be an engineer here) and they've fucked us meaning by us the people who started with the old plan and keep going with it.

Interpreting? What the heck are you studying?

I've always loved learning languages, but technical translations and all suck balls. Interpreting isn't quite as bad if you know the languages reasonably well.

Technical translation (like translating a law manual or an arthroscopy journal) is hard and all, but once you've got the working routine and you know your resources is fairly easy to keep going. Interpreting is much harder though, but pays better.

You love Bolgne? Either they are doing things much different over there or you don't care about what you'll make after uni. Here basically they've increased prices, reduced lessons, increased the time you have to study at home (time that before were lessons now is supossed to be covered by yourself at home), turned all degrees besides medicine into 4 years (yes, now it takes the same years to study to be a P.E. teacher than to be an engineer here) and they've fucked us meaning by us the people who started with the old plan and keep going with it.
Well,same here,but the problem is that universities here have already too big programs.For example:I study biochemical engineering and food tehnology and i study bunch of subjects related to chemistry and biology.I also have subjects like psychology,sociology,economy and those thing arent important for my profession at all.My friend is styding german and english and she had a subject called economic sociology.What for?Bologne reduced all unnecessary things here.Degrees didnt turned in 4 years,cause students complained abt it few years ago.My biochemical engineering lasts for 5 years+ 1 year of master.

No, but a lot of faggots try to justify their existence by getting one, so that they can show up on online forums and feel superior (except not). :lol:

Also, how about getting a useful one instead of a prestigious one? :rolleyes:

Right, you must obviously not understand just what it means to get a degree at either Oxford or Cambridge (as well as a few in London and St. Andrews), most empolyers will accept a Oxbrdige graduate (regardless of prior or post qualifications) and you instanly get rated higher than someone without such a degree, EVEN if they are better qualified. However, due to the current economic climate, this is not always the case.

You probably knew none of this living in the most hated and mocked western country in the world which is very insular and ignorant of the world outside, so please think before writing shite like this. i dont dislike you btw, just seriously research your arguement before typing

PS- What is Oxford Brookes campus like Swabs? Doing UCAS atm so heads up would be appreciated : )

Right, you must obviously not understand just what it means to get a degree at either Oxford or Cambridge (as well as a few in London and St. Andrews), most empolyers will accept a Oxbrdige graduate (regardless of prior or post qualifications) and you instanly get rated higher than someone without such a degree, EVEN if they are better qualified. However, due to the current economic climate, this is not always the case.

I don't say it's stupid to want to get a degree at Oxford but it's stupid that some employees rates you higher you because you were at Oxford (even if you 're not as good somebody else who got his degree somewhere else)

You probably knew none of this living in the most hated and mocked western country in the world which is very insular and ignorant of the world outside, so please think before writing shite like this. i dont dislike you btw, just seriously research your arguement before typing

PS- What is Oxford Brookes campus like Swabs? Doing UCAS atm so heads up would be appreciated : )

The main campus at Headington is lovely, a few of the buildings are a little 1960s, but the Uni is constantly renovating and building as it's getting millions of pounds of investments. The campus location is great too as it's atop Headington Hill so it's surrounded by trees and parkland. Whenever I'm there there's always somewhere nice and quiet to sit down and work, it's a great learning environment.

I've never been to the Wheatley campus, it's the one furthest away where the Maths and Computing lectures take place, apparently it's a bit shit though :p

I live at Harcourt Hill which is another separate campus, it's awesome though, the rooms are huge, we've got tennis courts and a gym (but the gym at Headington is much, much better.) and a really good community "student villagey" spirit. This is the campus where the Sports Science and Philosophy/Religious studies lectures take place. But most subjects are situated at Headington.

The only downside is that I have to travel a bit to get to lectures, about 30mins on the bus. But we do get the Brookes Bus service so it's not much of a bother really.

Oh and Oxford as a city is fucking awesome, I love it.

Met Phil Demmel from Machine Head last night at the Trivium/Chimaira show in Philly. Definitely the nicest dude I have ever talked to from a band. Can't wait for Machine Head's show on Long Island on Thursday!

16369_571542442469_26800545_33632290_7816412_n.jpg

Also got a pretty hilarious pic with Mark and Jim from Chimaira. Awesome guys.

16369_571542447459_26800545_33632291_6728095_n.jpg

Tried to get into Machine Head, the premise of crazy drums, heavy thrash and v-shaped guitars got me excited.

I was disappointed :(

Machine Head Fucking OWN. Especially live. I was never a huge fan but they've played at like every festival I've ever been to and they kind of wore onto me. Their show at Sonisphere took the piss. 21 circle pits or something, it was immense.

Listen to The Blackening album its leet.