Own Pictures Thread

I never liked IM aswell. They sound old, 80's, and the fact that almost every person I know got into metal thanks to them. The only people I see wearing IM shirts go from 14 to 19 and from 45 to 55 yo.

I really don't like them. But I don't like heavy metal, I guess that counts.

And above all, I don't like your tatoos, ensi-ex.

then nobody would ever get tattoos because of the logic behind the whole "it's not gonna look so good when you're 60" argument. And even if you do grow out of something, such as a band that you idolized when you were a kid, at least it's still there to remind you of that time of your life.

Speaking as someone with a tattoo, I can tell you now that you are wrong. Getting a tattoo is something that should be thought about, thought about a lot. It's fucking permanent, you HAVE to be completely sure that you wont regret it before getting it done.

Oh and the "it's not gonna look so good when you're 60" argument is absolute bullshit and you're a fuckwit for believing it. No-one who actually gets a tattoo gives a fuck about that, and no-one should. By the time I'm 60 my whole body will begin to "not look so good" and hopefully I will have done all the things I've wanted to in life so whether or not I have a tattoo will make no difference.

I never liked IM aswell. They sound old, 80's, and the fact that almost every person I know got into metal thanks to them. The only people I see wearing IM shirts go from 14 to 19 and from 45 to 55 yo.

I'm not a Maiden fan either. But I do like to listen to them when I'm in the mood, and it was one of my "gateways" back in the day. They do have more than three good songs though, that's for sure.

It's obvious that we all have different opinions here about tattoos, and I guess that is the meaning of it. I have my opinions and feelings about the subject and I stand by that.
When I get a tattoo, it's because it says "this was a specific period in my life and it's good memories". Like Ess en said:
But in some respects I think that this is exactly what a tattoo is. I mean, the whole concept behind tattoos is that you're supposed to be somewhat impulsive. If not, then nobody would ever get tattoos because of the logic behind the whole "it's not gonna look so good when you're 60" argument. And even if you do grow out of something, such as a band that you idolized when you were a kid, at least it's still there to remind you of that time of your life. Or at least that's one way to look at it.
Can I get a hallelujah?

Some tattoos should be well planned and thought through if it's a big one with details and shit, but the smaller ones, is not that inportant. I'm not saying that it doesn't matter what you get of the smaller ones and head off to tattoo a big juicy cock on your wrist or forhead, but there is a certain limit ofcourse. The HIM tattoo have I wanted for 4-5 years, so I think I made that clear. The same with COB. Think it's worse with the guy that tattooed all the characters in Star Wars all over his back... But that is for him, a memory and probably cause he's a die hard SW fan x)
http://www.moviecritic.com.au/userimages/user624_1160962012.jpg

I like it. :)
Thank you sir :)

Gorgeous !!!
Thnx :oops:

Sweet. Girl,you have some balls :rofl:
:lol:Well thank you sir. Is that a compliment? :lol:

And above all, I don't like your tatoos, ensi-ex.
I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK MOTHERFUCKER!!! YAYAOW!!!

Actually, it's not. 1. Star Wars will never suffer of "it changed and now it sucks" 2. People usually don't grow out of movies after a certain age and 3. that tattoo is actually superbly done and made of win.

Oh god I thought you were joking when you posted that you were gonna get that COBHC tattoo on Facebook:lol:

Band/bf/gf tattoos are ones that you SIMPLY DO NOT GET DONE.

And yeah, get it done by a professional, the lines in the first one were badly done as Swabs said.

..unless it's your own band or something

We have a local band here, where the members all got the band logo tattooed on their leg.

A couple of days later a member was kicked out of the band, must suck.

Blasphemy.

I've just never been that interested to go out of my way to listen to them. And I don't know a single person who has one of their cds. /shrugs

Speaking as someone with a tattoo, I can tell you now that you are wrong. Getting a tattoo is something that should be thought about, thought about a lot. It's fucking permanent, you HAVE to be completely sure that you wont regret it before getting it done.

Oh and the "it's not gonna look so good when you're 60" argument is absolute bullshit and you're a fuckwit for believing it. No-one who actually gets a tattoo gives a fuck about that, and no-one should. By the time I'm 60 my whole body will begin to "not look so good" and hopefully I will have done all the things I've wanted to in life so whether or not I have a tattoo will make no difference.

That is really more of what I was trying to get at. Not that I'm implying that you shouldn't think about what you're getting. Obviously, if you're putting a piece of art on your skin forever then it should be something that you've thought through. But for those people, because they are out there and we've all met some like this, who are so concerned about what it looks like when they're older, they have no business ever getting a tattoo anyway because they're... I dunno, too cautious? I don't know the appropriate antonym for "impulsive." I'm having a hard time getting my point across, I think.

I know it seems like I'm contradicting myself. I don't have a tattoo, for example, because I just can't decide on what I want to get. I've been thinking about a few ideas for a long time now, but they keep changing. So, obviously, I'm trying to make sure my idea for a tattoo is well thought out. But on the other hand, I know that at some point, I'm going to have to just break down, make a decision, and get it done, which has some element of impulsiveness. Right? If I'm still not making myself clear, then I give up. And if you just disagree, then okay.

We have a local band here, where the members all got the band logo tattooed on their leg.

A couple of days later a member was kicked out of the band, must suck.

I should rephrase. Your band, and it's actually gone/going somewhere.

tattoos at the age of 60, it just means you're even more badass.

That would be bad ass.

Crabstick: You can't expect everyone to like your tattoo, though. So don't be offended if people on here say they don't like it. You have to accept the good with the bad. Doesn't matter what tattoo you get, some people just aren't gonna like it. I'm sure there are people who think Swabs' tattoo is fucking garbage, but as long as he likes it then that's what's important, right?

^ Like I said, we all have different opinions.

Actually, that wasn't a matter of opinion. All I said were very impartial facts. The reason you didn't like the Star Wars tattoo is because you think it's nerdy. He likes it though, and it's very unlikely he'll stop liking it. That's the point.

24122_360299256022_334214851022_5334835_3041491_n.jpg

and some pictures I took in a castle and biological museum the last time I was in Finland:
www.imagekind.com/GalleryProfile.aspx?gid=0b8edf49-72f9-459c-af77-ef070d1ceff0

You look exceptionally Irish. Only sober (im thinking).

Reminds me of that asshole that got a tattoo in Japanese, and he thought it read "With best regards" or something, and it actually meant wanker or shit face cunty bollocks or something. It was in the news, a very long time ago.

In all fairness, he looked like a shit face cunty bollocked wanker, just like most people with tattoos.