Own Pictures Thread

lately, and just here and there... some love it, some hate it.

It's getting to be that way in Australia. This year a small group called for it to be a public holiday but that will never happen. There's a lot of merch being sold in our stores and themes for nightclubs but kids trick or treating is still quite rare.

How does 'trick or treat' translate in Croatian?

s

It's getting to be that way in Australia. This year a small group called for it to be a public holiday but that will never happen. There's a lot of merch being sold in our stores and themes for nightclubs but kids trick or treating is still quite rare.

How does 'trick or treat' translate in Croatian?

s

we don't exactly have an expression for it. in February there have always been masked celebrations, carnivals and stuff, and we call it "maškare" [I guess you can pronounce it like mush-khar-("e" in "led")], and that expression is used sort of like "trick or treat".

and Halloween will never be a public holiday here either, since my people love to pretend to be religious and traditional. LoL

"maškare" [I guess you can pronounce it like mush-khar-("e" in "led")]

I can read Croatian even though I don't know what all the words mean, it's phonetic so just about every European would do a good job pronouncing it.

I've been there a few times. On our way to MetalCamp my friends and I started in Venice, caught the boat to Rovinj, then up to Porec before Trieste and Ljubljana.

My brother went to Croatia after finishing uni. After almost a year holiday he asked me to send him photos of his time in the Aus. Commando Reserves, 'to show the folks'.

I knew what he was up to so sent the best ones, him with the paratroopers, firing awesome weapons, using grenades, etc. the next thing he's a Croatian Commando. He spent ~ 10 years in the army there and went to quite a few places including 6 months in Afghanistan with the Croatian Military Police.

He married a Croatian girl and has an apartment in Zagreb, I hung out there a few weeks on another trip to Europe. He's living here now with wife & daughter.

s

HAHA COOL

He's a hard core dude. While in the Croatian army he heard about an Australian 'security' company in Jordan. He thought, may as well do the same job and get paid loads better.

His job was maintaining the border between Jordan and Iraq. I'm thinkin, umm, it's not really the same. :lol:

Every 9 weeks he got 3 weeks leave and they pay for his trip home, he nominated Australia as home so every 9 weeks he could get a plane ticket equivalent to the distance between Jordan and Australia, basically he could travel anywhere in the world for holidays.

s

I cleaned, changed strings and generally overhauled my friend's guitar :)

76524_460342387267_614792267_5336406_4022429_n.jpg

Was godly to play on after I did all the work!