Own Pictures Thread

EagleFlyFree said:
assuming your priorities are advancing your carreer, if you have one, then here are the facts:

you won't get a decent job in a more or less formal environment like an office, with long hair. it's a matter of protocol and conservative policies and formalities and a huge pile of other related crap, but what can you do about it.
i had long hair for some years now, and so far i only went to very few job interviews. i landed a really good internship in my university, not in an office setting so for now i can get away with it. but i know this is an exception, and as soon as i start aiming for an actual decent job, i'll get shot down right away.
but really, when you need a job (and most people need one starting at 18 or so), how you look is an important factor, like it or not, so don't underestimate it.

you get long hair anytime in your life in 2 years top, but you get few opportunities outside your prime time for starting a carreer (20 to 25), so don't be stupid and get your priorities right.
Very true, I have my doubts when I start looking for a new job in Norway. I was lucky enough to get the job I currently have (Via phone lol) And when I show up at work, turnes out their all communists and tell me to cut my hair every single fucking day :p

Lake_Laiho said:
Very true, I have my doubts when I start looking for a new job in Norway. I was lucky enough to get the job I currently have (Via phone lol) And when I show up at work, turnes out their all communists and tell me to cut my hair every single fucking day :p
if i were you i would come to work with my ziper open and my manhood out with a note on my short and an arow pointing down "talk to him"
i did something like that ones... my respect wasnt at high level after that :Smug:

if you mean to hide your hair if a hood all the time youre at work...good luck, but i guess you will get fired soon :lol:
i only worked in a company and there your hair vut doesnt matter, i want to work in this company :)

naaa i mean to be cunt if they cunt to you first with somethign as your hair.
though most of my jobs that i worked and right now working they were fine, they didnt care that i have long hair, they hired me! and not my hair.

FallingDownInRuins said:
if i were you i would come to work with my ziper open and my manhood out with a note on my short and an arow pointing down "talk to him"
i did something like that ones... my respect wasnt at high level after that :Smug:
nah, I'll pass :lol:

well, there's an archetype of an office employee. among other things, he complies with established ettiquete. who do you think looks better to a human relations person that's interviewing; someone in a suit with short hair, or someone in casual clothes, long hair, sloppily trimmed beard, and so on? it's a very concise message about how you deal with ettiquete, how willing you are to comply with something you're asked. they figure someone who takes the steps to look "just right" for an office according to implicit rules, is more submissive and down to earth. in contrast, in general they see someone who can't comply with ettiquete as more of a stubborn rebel, who in the end is more likely to be disruptive than productive in an office setting.
there's a certain truth and a certain bullshit to it, but regardless, it's the mindset of the guy that's going to choose you among heaps of other applicants, so if you want the job YOU WILL COMPLY. resistance is futile.

i used to have long hair. i want it back.. :(
gg.jpg