Own Recordings

I used N-track Pro and a crappy computer mic. And converted to mp3 using Crative Wavestudio.

-Gavin- said:
Quickie recording i made, i know crashes are too loud.

www.celtiaproductions.co.uk/misc/lailaihei.mp3

Quik comment. The kick sound, well you may like it, but I find the clicky aspect much to annoying, like most triggered drum sounds now adays. You should probablly find a different snare sample, or get one that is a roll.

I don't know how you plug in the samples, but I would suggest using a prog that has varible samples in one that blend together though velocity so that you can get a more human sound. FOr example, an snare sound that has a soft hit, med hit, and hard hit, that overlap about 20% into the next one. Guitar tone sounds delicious tho. Is that a modulator or mic-ed?

i really liked Gavin's song, the sound is awesome rich and fat and yet the same time this bass drum gives it this cold feel and well balanced it doesn't flood the balance

Silver Incubus said:
Quik comment. The kick sound, well you may like it, but I find the clicky aspect much to annoying, like most triggered drum sounds now adays. You should probablly find a different snare sample, or get one that is a roll.

I don't know how you plug in the samples, but I would suggest using a prog that has varible samples in one that blend together though velocity so that you can get a more human sound. FOr example, an snare sound that has a soft hit, med hit, and hard hit, that overlap about 20% into the next one. Guitar tone sounds delicious tho. Is that a modulator or mic-ed?

Guitar tone is an M-audio black box. Straight in, no EQ or anything. I EQ my tracks around my guitars.

With regards to the kick, i use Drumkit from hell superior and that gives me 100% dry drum sounds that i can EQ myself. I use the same kick i'm using on my solo EP which has a LOT of shitfast double kicks and any other sound sounds muddy as fuck. I use straight exported the mixer for my drums to this track to save hours making the drums sound good.

Much the same with the snare, on my real recordings, i input velocities with a keyboard. THis is just a striaght midi outta GP5 at set velocity cause again, didn't wanna spend hours on it.

Thanks for your words bro! You'll see what i mean with time spent on my drums with my real recordings that i hope to have finished by may when i can fly my swedish friend down to do some vox.

Silver Incubus said:
Yeah man, but I love your stuff. I still listen to that crappy version of Heavy Metal Pirates. That's stuff is killer.

Hahahaha :Spin: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

In april, Battleheart are coming back. We're doing a CD, fucking right on!

Silver Incubus said:
DO you work for free?

We're doing it in my home recording setup :)

And what kind of pirates would be be if we made people pay for it?

We're gonna release it onto P2P and Torrents and let people find it themselves.

X marks the spot and all! :lol::lol::lol:

-Gavin- said:
We're doing it in my home recording setup :)

And what kind of pirates would be be if we made people pay for it?

We're gonna release it onto P2P and Torrents and let people find it themselves.

X marks the spot and all! :lol::lol::lol:

Yup I plan on recording mixing and producing my own band, but we are much more seriouly trying to make a living off of our music. Who really wants to work in a factory/office for the rest of your life when you can record albums and play shows as a full time job. :D

Silver Incubus said:
Yup I plan on recording mixing and producing my own band, but we are much more seriouly trying to make a living off of our music. Who really wants to work in a factory/office for the rest of your life when you can record albums and play shows as a full time job. :D

Right on dude! i think we're doing the same thing, i just do it at home wth my own wee home studo setup and books, etc etc. Not as big or as indepth as what you do but does my needs well :D

-Gavin- said:
Right on dude! i think we're doing the same thing, i just do it at home wth my own wee home studo setup and books, etc etc. Not as big or as indepth as what you do but does my needs well :D

heh yeah I have just spent over $10,000 in learning the tricks of the trade, but the best part of the schooling is the connections i get from my teachers and from previous graduates. That kind of thing is priceless in the industry.