Ozone 5

BLUElightCory

May 24, 2007
www.coryspotts.com
Looks like a new Ozone is on the way - there's also an "Ozone 5 Advanced," said to be aimed at professional users.

Ozone 5 / Ozone 5 Advanced

Hopefully they cleaned up the GUI so it doesn't look like a damned stock exchange....

NasdaqBigBoard.jpg

I don't use Ozone 4 because looking at it gives me a headache. But it's a powerful piece of kit so I'm excited to check out the new version.

Interesting, wonder what a 'pro' version entails. Still one of the best clean limiters out there IMO, often gets picked over clipping converters and FG-X still. Sure it has it's own ill side effects but what doesn't...

This is a bit confusing, as Izotope has always touted Ozone as a " Pro " plugin. So why they would have a new Advanced version for pro users is a bit odd.
Unless the new "Ozone 5" is a lite version and the Advanced is the full fat...

Love Ozone. will look with great interest at this.

Keen to scope this out. My guess is that the "Advanced" version will probably be like the current version with a bunch of tools, while the regular one is most likely a stripped down version, maybe the limiter and EQ only or something.

Match EQ + Loudness Maximizer = Jizz in my pants

But they didn't really change much inbetween Ozone 3 and Ozone 4 so I'm curious to see if there's something new.

Here's another cool toy from iZotope:

:D Costs a thousand but would be cool to try out...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great. I love Ozone 4, it's the only thing I've tried that has given me good masters. The Loudness Maximizer is really great, I've yet to find anything like it. I'm gonna need the price to 5 soon, so I can decide whether or not I should buy 4 or just wait until 5 comes out.

Interesting stuff. Still no info on which parts will be in Advanced and what will be in the standard Ozone 5.

Last edited by a moderator: