Ozzfest this year - anyone going?

Apr 2, 2003
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hey guys. Just got back from the Pittsburgh Ozzfest date. Missed most of Dimmu because Phil Anselmo's a PRICK and he left the stage early because the crowd wasn't into it (probably because he sucks). But they were playing Progenies as I showed up, and I must say the band and the sound were awesome.

Slayer was... awesome. I don't even like Slayer. Go figure.

Judas Priest was fun, they had the crowd rocking, but Halford went a little too over-the-top at points.

Sabbath... wow. They dethroned Symphony X as the best live band I've ever seen. Sorry, but... :worship: The atmosphere was all perfect, too - red moon on the left, lightning and thunder coming from the right... and Sabbath opens up with War Pigs. And the song Black Sabbath just blew me away live.

Just saying that if you guys get a chance, you should check out this tour - it's a good one if you like any of the bands. And if you like metal at all, do yourself a favor and go see Sabbath.

I missed Ozzfest, the only bands that intrigued me were Dimmu and Priest. But lucky for me, I get to se eJudas Priest give a FULL FULL set, in a small venue tonight.

Mohegan Sun Arena, WHOO WHOOOOO

Sabbath-with-Ozzy does nothing for me, I find his vox way too nasal compared to Dio or Martin, so I'm not gonna bum out over missing them..I would've liked to have seen Dimmu, and Lacuna Coil though.

I went here in Texas and it was a very fun day. The highlight was Priest. It was cool that they played "Beyond the Realms of Death", "Touch of Evil", "The Sentinel", and of course "Victim of Changes".

I saw Sabbath with Ozzy back in 99 and I thought it was terrible... I can only imagine what 5 more years has done to Ozzy's weak mumbling vocals.

My brother went to the Pittsburgh Ozzfest.

I went to ozzfest in San Francisco last month-

2nd Stage-
I don't know about most all of you...but I really don't like Metalcore. And this show put the nail in that coffin!
The only bands I really liked on the side stage were Lacuna coil(not my cup of tea..but they are very talented. Christina has one hell of a voice!) and God Forbid(they stood out from their peers). Slipknot puts on a great live show, but if they focused on their music as much as their masks, they would be a great band.

Mainstage-
BLS-great show..Zakk rips!
Superjoint Ritual-uhhh...they suck! The only thing lamer then their music is Phil Anselmo's vocal tirades.
Dimmu-played well..I think most people were put off by the whole look they have.
Slayer-Crushing! Not my fave band, but they put on a energy filled, ass kicker of a show.
Priest-THE highlight of the night! Sorry..Sabbath with Ozzy could not touch them! Priest showed everyone why they are one of the greatest Metal bands..and Rob was in top form.

Sabbath-they were good..but it was a letdown after Priest. They played well..but it seemed they were just going through the motions.

Great show overall

Rifugium said:
I went last Thursday. Ozzy was sick...SO HALFORD SANG FOR SABBATH!!!

I heard about that. Talk about a once in a lifetime! I saw Ozzfest on their second show of the tour. Phil's band sucked (suprised, right?). Slayer was ok. Ive seen them before, and the show was less than they have put on before. Dimmu sounded awesome. Priest was a really cool band to see. I left before Sabbath came on. I have seen the original lineup twice previous, so I didnt see much sense to stay for a third (considering it was probably the same song set, and my drive home was 2 hours). All in all, it was a decent showing.

Edit: How did I forget BLS? They put on a great set. I have seen them once before, and they impressed once again.