P.M.R.C.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Hell yeah!

I still think Megadeth should open EVERY concert with Into The Lungs Of Hell. Just imagine Dave walking out and playing those opening chords of it. Then it kicks in... HELL YEAH! THRASSSSSSSSSSH!

Agreed - but I have to disagree with The World Needs a Hero being a viable Megadeth opus - I thought it was the final nail in their coffin, which, in hindsight, it pretty much was.

Recycling Hangar 18, and putting Dread and the Fugitive Mind on that AGAIN (after Capitol Punishment) were low blows. To be fair, TWNAH was so hyped as being a return to their "Peace Sells" days, it was never going to live up to the hopes.

I don't know how The world needs a hero can be compared to the days of Peae Sells but as far as the album being viable we shall see. I think it's good and not a bad way for Megadeth to bow out. Obviously the band are no longer viable:cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by nosferatu
I don't know how The world needs a hero can be compared to the days of Peae Sells

If you remember right, the hype preceeding TWNAH claimed for a return to their early days a la Peace Sells or SFSGSW. It was not even close in hindsight.

Note that Megadeth purists believe that the decline of Megadeth started when RIP was released. (But then purists typically go that way when a favorite band of theirs eventually become a little too 'polished'). Note the production difference between RIP and SFSGSW too - I would NEVER want to hear SFSGSW remastered - that was their best sound IMO, and they never wrote a better song than Mary Jane. :D

Sorry but TWNAH was disasterous compared to their true speed metal days, and RISK & TWNAH are two big blots on a Megadeth landscape...

Originally posted by JayKeeley

Sorry but TWNAH was disasterous compared to their true speed metal days, and RISK & TWNAH are two big blots on a Megadeth landscape...

I agree with a lot of what you're saying and TWNAH may well have been the final nail in the coffin. Agreed that it is in no way similar to the early days but as an album I think it's great and as I said before I think it's very Alice Cooperish which probably wasn't good when as you say the album was promoted as a return to the good old days