Pagan Metal

What's the difference between new and old Ensiferum? I like both equally, and though I only heard two songs off the new one (it was great) I can't see a huge change. There is a lot of energy and "spirit" still there in the new stuff, and Ensiferum never had much depth anyway.

there's not much difference. the new songs just let me completely unmoved. and honestly, i don't even listen to their older songs anymore, besides 'Eternal Wait'

Yeah, it came with a jewel case. I actually like the North track; nothing special, and it doesn't really fit in with the other songs, but it's decent. "Kolyada" has grown on me a little, but it still seems kind of pointless considering the greatness of the original.

I think this split is kinda useless, the only point I downloaded it was for the Graveland songs... NM was just a remake, Temnozor too..... and I found North boring as hell.

the demo sounded a bit cheesy but I still don't see the point in re-recording older songs..... I personally prefer new stuff...... but maybe that's just me.

I think this split is kinda useless, the only point I downloaded it was for the Graveland songs... NM was just a remake, Temnozor too..... and I found North boring as hell.
I got the split. I had never listened to North before and I probably won't ever again, but I enjoyed the songs from the other 3 artists. I don't care if the songs are re-recorded but I don't listen to music if the production value is bad. I'm glad these songs were re-recorded because they're good songs and the new production made them listenable for me.

Wayward Sons is boring, and I think Folkemon is rather dull and rushed. The best ones are Burnt Offering for the Bone Idol, Prince of the Poverty Line and The Answer Machine.