Pagan Metal

I'm a big Eluveitie fan, and people seem to be considering Eluveitie as pagan metal lately, although I'm not entirely sure I see it that way. Other than that, I've heard a couple of decent pagan metal bands throughout the years, but nothing that really sticks out.

Ordered the Eastern Hammer split yesterday, anyone heard it yet? Someone has probably commented on them on some other thread but I can't be bothered to check because it is after all pagan metal and should be discussed here? ;)

Ordered the Eastern Hammer split yesterday, anyone heard it yet? Someone has probably commented on them on some other thread but I can't be bothered to check because it is after all pagan metal and should be discussed here? ;)

It is indeed really good. I don't think I can say anything bad about any of the songs on the split.

Man i really like Bathory´s Nordland albums,many people say they´re ok but nothing special,i think they are brilliant,especially the first one. Vinterblot is one of the most massive songs they´ve recorded

next year's Ragnarök festiva in Lichtenfels (Germany) looks quite fine with these bands:

Primordial
Hellsaw
Svartsot
Skyforger
Winterdome
Negura Bunget
Sworn
Trimonium
Haggard
Unleashed
Sear Bliss
Arkona
Killing Spree
Menhir
Battlelore
Agalloch
Helrunar
Alestorm
XIV Dark Centuries
Turisas
Wolfchant

Primordial, Negura Bunget, Skyforger, Agalloch, Arkona, Unleashed, Helrunar at the same festival!!!

There is one band far more people need to hear and that is Ashtar. Seriously people, get your hands on Urantia if you can.

Yeah I just received it in the mail a few days ago. All around it's really good, with the Graveland and Temnozor tracks being the highlights. As I said in another thread, I found the Nokturnal Mortum re-recording of 'Kolyada' to be extremely poor. Perhaps it's just me, but it sounds absolutely terrible in their new style. It's a shame - it's one of my favourites from Goat Horns. The Temnozor re-recording, on the other hand, is fucking fantastic.

Yeah I just received it in the mail a few days ago. All around it's really good, with the Graveland and Temnozor tracks being the highlights. As I said in another thread, I found the Nokturnal Mortum re-recording of 'Kolyada' to be extremely poor. Perhaps it's just me, but it sounds absolutely terrible in their new style. It's a shame - it's one of my favourites from Goat Horns. The Temnozor re-recording, on the other hand, is fucking fantastic.
I've got it too now and I don't agree about the Nokturnal Mortum recording, I really liked it. The only bad thing about it is that the clean vocals doesn't sound heartfelt at all. :p
I agree on the rest though, the Graveland track was really good and the Temnozor' recrecording excellent. Did-Dub-Snop was my favorite track from the demo but the production totally ruined it. It's nice to hear it in full glory now.
I didn't care at all for the North track though, some better band could have been there and it would be pretty much perfect.

BTW, props for thinking Kolyada is one of the best tracks on Goat Horns. EVERYONE I have talked to thinks it is the worst track on the album, I also think it is one of the best. :>

I thought everything was great except the north track. Did yours come without a jewel case?

Родовест, Русич, Сокира Перуна, ... how are these written in English?

Родовест, Русич, Сокира Перуна, ... how are these written in English?
Родовест = Rodosvet
Русич = Rusich
Сокира Перуна = Sokyra Peruna