Pagans Mind = OFF

lunatic fan

Feb 9, 2004
Anyone else notice? Obviously you have b/c nobody has posted anything now in 4 days! anyway, these guys usually rock and are one of my all time favorites...Saying that, they did not bring their A game....Whatever happened be it sound or whatever, it just wasn't there...The floor was very "unactive" and the magic they brought to the previous two shows was NOT there.... I was beyond pumped to see them play and they were one word, FLAT....Sad to see but man I still can't wait until their next album....Its okay, Circus and Fates still stole the show!

lunatic:kickass:

Nope, didn't notice at all. I personally liked their set better than what I heard from either of the headliners. Then again, I'd never seen them live before, so not really sure what I missed previously.

They kicked my ass! While I appreciated the vast experience and talent in Royal Hunt and Fates Warning, Circus Maximus and Pagan's Mind both crushed. I've had God's Equation playing non-stop since the fest!

Anyone else notice? Obviously you have b/c nobody has posted anything now in 4 days! anyway, these guys usually rock and are one of my all time favorites...Saying that, they did not bring their A game....Whatever happened be it sound or whatever, it just wasn't there...The floor was very "unactive" and the magic they brought to the previous two shows was NOT there.... I was beyond pumped to see them play and they were one word, FLAT....Sad to see but man I still can't wait until their next album....Its okay, Circus and Fates still stole the show!

lunatic:kickass:

I have seen them 4 times, and I completely think they were dead on as always.... I noticed absolutely NO problems during their set.

I think that Jorn Viggo's playing on "Farewell" was some of the most emotional guitar of the weekend. That said, they didn't seem to electrify people like I was expecting.

Were you sitting down during their performance? Were you in the lobby? Because if you were up front where I was, there's no way you could say they were off. Nils' voice was way better than a couple of years ago, the setlist was better, and they were just fucking intense. I had a great time.

As a Pagans Mind fan from their 1st appearence, I have to agree...they seemed slightly off. They didn't perform bad, Nils did the same awesome job as always, but they seemed less inspired, less crowd pleasing. Some of the magic from past performances was missing. Just my opinion

Disagree as well. It's hard to achieve the same excitement from "that one great show way back when" especially when the band was relatively new and a surprise back then but are now more familiar to most of us so we expect more. The same can be said for almost all of the Saturday returning bands, and I bet the same will happen with Sabaton next time. With all of these bands, we were all so amazed because "hey I didn't know they could do that - this is awesome!" and the second time around it's more "well, we already know what they can do, so let's see if they can outdo themselves on an already-impossibly high standard!" I love Brainstorm, Pagan's Mind, Orphaned Land, and Sabaton, but nothing will beat their first break-out performances to me because the excitement will be based on a set of expectations rather than base on the unknown.

In short, I think they had a tremendous night a few years ago and it was so good that it will always be hard to achieve again, let alone moreso.

I was in the Crimson Glory autograph line when PM was playing. but I heard them... they sounded great. I'm very disappointed I missed actually seeing them because they were supposed to play here on Sept. 27th, so I was looking forward to seeing them at home, no problem... and now their last date is the day before in St. Paul and they aren't coming here after all.
I really hate my local promoters...

While I disagree that they were off, I was disappointed that all of the stuff they played off of the new album was from the beginning of the album - I thought the best songs of the album were "Osiris' Triumphant Return", "Painted Skies", and "Spirit Starcruiser". Love the songs they did play, but those three were the ones I was hoping to hear. :-( They were still AMAZING and I still used up most of my energy rocking out to them anyways, though.

I thought they put on a great show as well. I was in the pit for the first two songs and thought it sounded fine. Nils Rue and Jorn Viggo were really top notch. They played the songs I expected them to play (though like others, I like their earlier work a bit better than God's Equation). But other than that - a first rate show, much better than either headline act IMHO.