Pagan's Mind - SLAYED

It was amazing the response to PM last night. After the show EVERYONE was very excited about their performance. People were suprised by the new songs, (myself included). We were speaking to Stian after the show and mentioned the new heavier song and he started, "Yeah, (started to play air drums of the heavy part) everyone freaked out when we played it." :worship:

Raintime was very good, hope to see them again sometime.

:headbang:

Pagans Mind..wow, what a show...They were boys among men...Unreal... Unfucting real....Lead singer did a little too much drama but Jorn on guitar was awesome..They were sooooo happy and had so much positive energy, man were they good....Whatever the fuct that 2nd song was from the new album was just sick....Very heavy and super awesome....Ahh ProgPower, YOU RULE!!!

LUNATIC:kickass::kickass:

You're damn right they slayed. Not only did they smoke every other band Friday but they were also the best sounding band by far. The crowd was going ballistic and gee I wonder why?

Not only are they incredible but they have so much class its not even funny.

Thank you once again PM for reassuring me why in my eyes....you are the kings of Melodic Metal!

YES!

Pagan's Mind had the best sound of any band I saw at ProgPower this year. Jorn's guitar tone is awesome. And his style of playing was absolutely brilliant. I loved watching the man do his thing.

And did anyone ever see a bigger, more longer-lasting smile than the one on bassist Steiner Krokmo's face? If an award could be given for The Bassist Having the Best Time at ProgPower, I'd say Steiner would win hands down.

Nils. What an incredible voice. What massive stage presence. My friend, who wasn't a Pagan's Mind fan to begin with, left Friday night (grudgingly) admitting Pagan's Mind was simply amazing. My wife, Elisabeth, just shook her head and said, "Incredible."

For what it's worth, and for those who don't already know, here was PM's 11-song setlist:

1. New World Order
2. Aegean Shores
3. Supremacy, Our Kind
4. The Prophecy of Pleiades
5. United Alliance (from God's Equation)
6. Atomic Firelight (from God's Equation)
7. Search For Life
8. Instrumental
9. Hallo Spaceboy (from God's Equation)
10. Enigmatic Mission
11. Through Osiris' Eyes

Yeah. I thought Pagan's Mind ruled Friday night. I can't wait to get their new album in my hands. The songs -- even Hallo Spaceboy -- were very strong.

Pagan's Mind blew me away.

Bill

When that many good-looking women are dancing at a metal concert, you know it's something special going' down. I was frikkin' awestruck through the whole thing. What an awesome experience for my 10 year old's first PP. These guys must headline ASAP!!

...and it showed! I'm sure PM and SA's guys did their best, but the other bands had way better sound, bottom line. Its hard to just come into a place and get a grip on the room's sound in such a short amount of time.

I disagree IMO Espen (Pagans Mind sound guy) did an incredible job on the sound.

Magius you're awesome and everything, but...I just don't understand you. So you're saying you LOVE Pagan's Mind and they did a kickass job right? :lol: Just kidding man.

Anyways Pagan's Mind definitely blew the roof off the place for me. I can't wait to have the new disc in my hand!

Heh. I know you know better than that, especially since we've discussed it at the show. Seriously though, I gotta give credit where it's due, and PM was definately the crowd favorite.

Did you officially file a complaint with management for letting them start their set before we got in there? :)

As I said in another post..... all of the bands on Friday did a good job and were entertaining but Pagans Mind was just on a totally different level. Jorn Viggo "Lord of the Strings" makes me proud to be a Peavey player. What a guitarist !!! Nils hit absolutely everything. Stian was on fire and Steiner just looked like he won the lottery. He was absolutely glowing to be up on stage.
This is my sixth Progpower USA and I haven't seen a better performance. I have seen a couple equal, but it is hard to top "perfect" and Pagans Mind totally blew me away.

Bryant

My lead guitarist said it best.... "THAT'S IT, MAN! THAT'S WHAT I CAME TO SEE!!!"

We were all blown away. NOT the same band I saw four years ago. These guys got soooo good since then. I dunno how, I dunno what, but these guys became something to be afraid of!!! I'm putting that performance up there with Edguy at PP3, Gamma Ray, Brainstorm and Evergrey last year.

By the way... aside from Mattias, BEST GUITAR TONE ALL WEEKEND. Jorn Viggo's rig sounded perfect. Articulate, clear, heavy and LOOOOUD!!! Almost makes me want to stop hating Peaveys... heh heh! I know I know, part of that goes to their soundman, who of course would know exactly how to tweak his band's tone just the right way.

So we'll begin our Pagan's Binge, as we start listening to their albums and nothing else for the next, ooooh, month and a half straight. Heh heh!!!

Jorn Viggo also used the gear he is used to along with some of his own gear, so that may have helped with his sound. All I know is his rig was great to play through!
Edit: Same for Mattias - Laney sent him some amps. Killer tone

The old 5150's are a bit fuzzier and have basically no clean channel at all. The 5150 II's have a little less fizziness in the gain, and have a decent clean sound as well. The new 6505 and 6505+ are SUPPOSED to be identical to the 5150/5150II respectively

Those heads were stock - rented per agreement with their backline requests. He had his own effects unit and another piece of gear, as well as his own foot controllers. He just dialed in his tone on the rental...

if you want more info, let's take it to PM.. Cheers

I could just leave it at that, but I won't. Those guys can literally play anything. Jorn has some of the tastiest playing I've ever heard, Stian's accuracy is unparalleled, Steinar's grooves are undeniably solid, Ronny is a genius of a keyboardist, and Nils is working his way up my ladder of vocalists. They had that crowd floored from the start. Sonata had no chance of keeping that momentum. Between Pagan's Mind and Threshold, the prog bands won it for me this year.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

...but they were also the best sounding band by far. The crowd was going ballistic and gee I wonder why?

Part of that was me being an idiot. :) I was dancing to Pagan's Mind and got many people dance with me (usually women) and/or rock out. Opening with my favorite song "New World Order" and then just picking ALL the right songs after that... complete w/ the best house mix of the festival, it was impossible not to love it! I think the full left side of the floor was dancing at one point. :lol: The floor audience was younger and less inhibited for their set.

I always pick at least one band to go ape shit to at Prog Power, and I thought it was going to be Virgin Steele. Who knew?

So anyway, rock on brother. God's Equation, at this point, cannot come to soon. I think the title track was the best live metal song I ever heard at a Prog Power.

The Michael

I've got to agree with the person that said PM was THE BAND of the weekend... I caught myself standing there totally freakin' amazed with a shit eating grin on my face - they were everything I hoped they would be live; they sounded amazing; Nils has the BEST facial expressions!! and all the guys are stellar musicians - and are just all around kick ass people...

It doesn't get any better than these guys... at least in my happy little world :p

And that Atomic tune - HOLY F'N CRAP!!! That was AWESOME!!!! Stian's always wicked sick on the drums but damn, I thought those suckers were going to launch themselves across the stage!!!

Had their last CD and man o man, now I have to get the rest and I can't wait for the next one. I hope this great performance means another USA appearance either at PP or on a tour to support God's Equation. I caught one of Stian's autographed skins, so I have to say that has me into them even more!! PAGAN's MIND ROCKS!!!!!