Pain of Salvation coversong

Wow, good job for a home mix. That's one of my favorite POS songs, so it was cool to here it a bit differently. I think your voice is fine - some parts could've been a bit stronger - but it works.

Vocals are very subjective - for example, Dream Theater. Lots think his voice works with it, lots think he's a horrible vocalist.

Great job!

Moonlapse said:
That's a pretty fantastic home-mix dude. Your voice has good timbre and I think with a bit of work on pitch and delivery, you'll have a very powerful thing going.

Lowest point of the song to me is the solo. I may just be nitpicking because I'm getting to be neurotic as a guitarist, but I think it's important to work on pitch when it comes to those bends and vibratos and just the phrasing of the solo in general.

But overall man, it's very nice. Good job.

I'm really happy you guys like it that much!!

I know, the solo sucks. I actually haven't really composed it and that is hearable. I made loop and recorded some improvising 8 times. Then I deleted everything that was out of scale or otherwise fucked up, and glued the ok parts together. :(
I know you are a pretty good guitarist, so do you want to do a solo? I'd send you the part without solo.

Would like to hear it again with a (new) solo.. but thing is, it buffers at a really slow rate.. 2% now, and it took me 3 minutes to get there..

Cool Unicorn!

Still loving the vocals.. with that european vibe to it.. keep that up no matter what they say! it IS so damn hard being german and speaking english let alone sing it.. yet you did..
The vocals in the end, they still give me goosebumps when i hear them.. great voice!!

Solo... yeah Ermin!! good job man.. really compliments the song and tops it off! great control on the guitar as well...

I'm wondering Unicorn, are you ever gonna fill up the track with all those warm vocal melodies that are in the original? I can't help but feel the original has a lot more happening, track-wise.

@Nebulous: I give guitar lessons, baby :loco:

Moonlapse said:
I'm wondering Unicorn, are you ever gonna fill up the track with all those warm vocal melodies that are in the original? I can't help but feel the original has a lot more happening, track-wise.
Yes, it has. I know mine is like a light version of the song, but it's a lot of work to track the backing vocals exact as he does.

Is Journey a band or a song?