Pale Folklore

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey, got this album on order, mainly because I read where they are similiar to Opeth. I also read reviews that they are not like Opeth. Agalloch is supposed to be atmospheric metal, Right? So, all you intelligient forum people(I'm using that term loosely lol) give me your ideas. Did I buy a good record, or will I end up giving it to my girlfriend to use as a drink coaster? Peace.:loco: :wave:

Fantastic album, if Im not wrong, they will release a new album this year, called Ashes Against The Grain.

Pale Folklore is definetely one of my favorites to listen too. and yes. i cant wait to hear something new from them. i have a feeling its gonna be really different. which isn't a bad thin with Agalloch.

Yep good stuff, PF is one of my favourite albums. They have similarities to Opeth but take an even more atmospheric Black Metal approach to their music.

Listen to the album for its own vibe - try not to even think "Opeth" when playing it. It's certainly progressive, but it has much more of a mellower vibe, and doesn't rock as hard nearly as often, but it's thoroughly entertaining in its own right. "The Mantle" is also a great album.

Agalloch sound nothing like Opeth. These comparisons need to stop. If anything they sound like old Ulver, who they list as a major influence. I think I remember reading an interview and Haughm didn't seem to be a big fan of Opeth.

Yeah, Agalloch sounds nothing like Opeth, but they are a great band and something Opeth fans would probably enjoy, considering that Opeth is fairly emotional music, and definitely has its own distinct sound, very much like Agalloch... Anyways, The Mantle is probably one of my favorite albums ever... Great, great, great stuff...

ironbeard said:
Hey, got this album on order, mainly because I read where they are similiar to Opeth. I also read reviews that they are not like Opeth. Agalloch is supposed to be atmospheric metal, Right? So, all you intelligient forum people(I'm using that term loosely lol) give me your ideas. Did I buy a good record, or will I end up giving it to my girlfriend to use as a drink coaster? Peace.:loco: :wave:

Hey man I like your signature btw
great song
cause I'm a voodoo chile! Lord knows im a voodoo chile