Pantera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pantera is horrible. I like their final independent release "Power Metal" to some extent actually, musically its not bad. I can tolerate Cowboys From Hell, but everything else makes me want to rupture my ear drums. Ok the REASONS I dont like pantera...

* They ripped off a FAR superior band to get their "Signature sound". Thank Exhorder if you like Pantera. Before Phil joined Pantera he auditioned for Exhorder when Kyle Thomas (the bands vocalist) left. They gave phil all the demos to learn the songs. Out of nowhere Kyle came back, they told Phil to get lost. He hung on to the demos, and once he got into pantera he made them all listen to the demos, and they ripped off Exhorder.

* Phil Anselmo is a fucking no talent douche bag. He is a fucking coke head and doesnt give a shit about his fans. I have an autographed copy of Cowboys From Hell signed by everyone except phil. After they broke up I heard Phil was gonna be in Philly doing a show with his new (and ungodly horrible) band Superjoint Ritual. I decided to go to the venue and just hang around out back to try and get his autograph on CFH just for the hell of it. There were a few people there when I got there. Now everyone else who plays this venue will come out and talk to the few people back there, take some pictures, sign some autographs... whatever, but not phil. He had the tour bus wedge itself into the alley behind the venue so he could hop from the door into the bus. some kid ran up and tried to say hi when he was getting on the bus. Phil pushed the kid away and knocked him down. What a faggot.

* Their "we are the best band ever" attitude makes me sick... because they believe it. When In Flames started makin those "prolly the best band in the world" shirts it was funny, because it was their way of joking around, Pantera was for real when they said that shit.

* The Great Southern Trendkill & Reinventing The Steel.... do I even need to explain this one? Two of the worst albums EVER.

* They never really tried anything different... they stole the Exhorder sound and NEVER did anything original.

I could go on and on but I have to get ready for work.

I like Pantera. I havnt heard any of their pre Cowboys music but I like all of their albums.
I have the Pantera DVD too which is pretty funny. I saw them in concert once too.

I like everything they've made and I've seen them play live at least 20 times over the years. Of course some albums are better than others, but why the hate for Pantera?

Phil Ansemlo is a collosall dickhead. But I really dont care much about the band, as long as the music's good.

I've got Cowboys From Hell, and Vulgar Display of Power. I dont really plan on buying any other ones, cause I'm content with these ones, and I've heard about the suckage factor on the newer ones.

I always was a fan. I saw them 10 times between 1994 and 2002 and for the most part they kicked ass live every single time. There was one show in '95 that sucked because Phil was WAY too hammered and could not cut it. Too bad Phil decided to throw away a great band...I liked Down alot but this Superjoint Ritual crap is terrible. By the way, I predict a reunion in no less than three years. It's pretty obvious they all need each other. Damageplan isn't very good either...

100% red-neck retard core. Watching their home-video compilation DVD at a friend's house was a torturous three hours I will never have again, basically amounting to the band saying, 'we are complete retards and will now demonstrate so in the following two-thousand ten-second clips (roughly the attention span of our target audience)'.

They're a band, not a political party. If you don't like the music then don't listen to them. Some of you people need to relax. I don't like U2's music nor do I agree with Bono's politics, but I don't hate them.

Bono has never espoused hatred against your people, has he?

Generally, when I say "I hate Pantera," I mean "I hate Pantera's music and will go to great lengths to avoid listening to it." But in this case, when I say "I hate Phil Anselmo," I mean "I strongly dislike Phil Anselmo as a person and wish harm upon him, because he's a skinhead Nazi fuck and he's wasting my oxygen."

Pyrus said:
I strongly dislike Phil Anselmo as a person and wish harm upon him, because he's a skinhead Nazi fuck and he's wasting my oxygen."
In all the years I've been listening to Pantera I don't think I've ever read an interview w/the band or with Phil. One time at a Down concert back in '96 in SF Phil said some pretty crazy satanic shit, but I chalked it up to alcohol or heroin or cocaine or all of the above. But never in all the Pantera concerts I've been to (and I'm serious...I've probably been to at least 15 or 20) has Phil spouted off any aryan or anti semitic bullshit propaganda. I would have looked at this band and him a helluva lot differently had that been the case. He's a redneck...I'll give you that. But I spent 3 years of my life living in the midwest with a shitload of rednecks. In my experience it wasn't the rednecks that were racists, it was the quiet church going crowds. With a redneck what you see is generally what you get. They're cool with anybody that can turn a wrench and/or drink a beer.

"And to all my brothers with the shaved heads, eighty fucking eight!"
-Anselmo at at least one concert; widely reported. His attempts to recover it were just the sort of pathetic bullshit most racists use to cover up their feelings: "All our African-American brothers, it's great to see them getting into this kinda music!" Such patronizing crap.

Steiner said:
One time at a Down concert back in '96 in SF Phil said some pretty crazy satanic shit, but I chalked it up to alcohol or heroin or cocaine or all of the above.
Satanists are largely more tolerant and humanist than most Christians, in my experience.

I don't have anything against rednecks. Just racist pricks.

hey Pyrus, you like Arghoslent? Burzum? and of those other nazi/rascist bands? or do you just ignore their ideology because you like the music?
i've never heard of Phil being rascist, only denying being rascist.
and to the dude that was saying Pantera ripped off that other band i cant remember the name of, if they were so fucking great and pantera stole their sound, where are all their cds? the world tours? the global fucking Domination (\m/)? perhaps the fact that they never seemed to get anywhere good is testament that pantera was a better band, regardless of their roots and/or influences. Everything is stolen these days, Doesnt change the fact Pantera are Revolutionary.

"...because he's a skinhead Nazi fuck and he's wasting my oxygen."

Shows how much you know about them. He didn't have a shaved head since fucking ages ago, and how the fuck is he anything remotely resembling a Nazi?

Have you even heard of Christ Inversion or Viking Crown? Or even Eibon? Or do you only know Pantera, Down and SJR? You don't know as much about Phil Anselmo as you think you do, obviously. Oh, and Exhorder are the band in question, Jaar-Gilon. Their albums were recently rereleased by Roadrunner if you want to buy them and see how much better they are than Pantera, even though Pantera ripped them off.

I will agree. I finally took a listen to Exhorder. I listened to the 2 from the vault Roadrunner release and It does sound alot like Pantera's reformed style after aquiring Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.