Pantera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, im with Mr. Toby. Why cant we all just calm down and admit that everyone loves pantera. if everyone would stop being so ego-driven we could all just relax, crack out a few coldies and enjoy the metal :D

PANTERA IS THE GEST BAND EVER! not only do they write some of the coolest music ever but also get most people into listening into metal altogether, I agree with Mr. Toby, Pyrus you are a huge fudge packer!

Jesus, I've never seen so many people against Pyrus! The poor guy states a few blatant facts, and the fanboys mow him down!

Perhaps this is another argument against the band all together. Their fans are dropkicks.

Mr.Toby said:
YOUR fans are dropkicks...
YOU WIN THE IDIOT AWARD IN THE COMEBACKS CATEGORY. CONGRATULATIONS.

Also, foogepacker is not a word. And you either contradicted yourself or proved that you're a damn liar by saying that you know Viking Crown and Christ Inversion.

Also, whoever thinks that people who don't like Pantera are 'wrong' are simply too stupid to live. How the fuck do you come up with this shit? I'm WRONG because my tastes do not allow me to enjoy Pantera after Cowboys From Hell? You haven't listened to Exhorder, that's your problem (speaking to all who haven't heard them). By the way, I will know whether or not you've heard them quite easily, simply by noticing whether or not you say Exhorder is not as good as Pantera, because that's just a silly fucking statement that can only be made in either total, all encompassing jest or total, all encompassing ignorance.

Have you even heard of Christ Inversion or Viking Crown? Or even Eibon?
You do realize that none of these bands/side projects are meant to be taken seriously, right? I mean, Phil himself stated that Viking Crown sucks and he's in the band for fuck's sake.

Obsolete666 said:
You do realize that none of these bands/side projects are meant to be taken seriously, right? I mean, Phil himself stated that Viking Crown sucks and he's in the band for fuck's sake.
Phil in general is not to be taken seriously, so that's a moot point.

Dodens Grav said:
Phil in general is not to be taken seriously, so that's a moot point.

"Fuck, my new fucking band is the heaviest fucking shit in the fucking world. I fucking bleed and fucking sacrifice for this fucking music. Fuck fuck fucking, fuck fucker, fuck fuck."

Doden, the point being made was that Phil is not a skinhead/nazi because of a few shitty joke bands that he's in. However, I do agree with you that he's not meant to be taken seriously in any way whatsoever (not to mention that he's a degenerate smackhead loser as well).

Jaar-Gilon said:
and to the dude that was saying Pantera ripped off that other band i cant remember the name of, if they were so fucking great and pantera stole their sound, where are all their cds? the world tours? the global fucking Domination (\m/)? perhaps the fact that they never seemed to get anywhere good is testament that pantera was a better band, regardless of their roots and/or influences. Everything is stolen these days, Doesnt change the fact Pantera are Revolutionary.

Ok the band that pantera ripped off is the mighty EXHORDER. The reason they didnt survive is because they were on road runner records back before they were a major label. Pantera was with ATCO which is/was a division of Atlantic records... which is owned by Warner. Pantera had a much more powerful company backing them, and they had better distribution/promotion because of that. They were able to rip off Exhorder and get away with it because Road Runner sucked. Where are the albums? Where are the world tours you ask? Well even tho they were on a shitty label, Exhorder did three full world tours (which is quite impressive).

Because you are so uninformed I just scanned all the Exhroder album covers, and put up some mp3s for you.

band.jpg

the band (Vinnie LaBella, Chris Nail, Kyle Thomas, Jay Ceravolo)

*I am not gonna post the demo tape pics however there were two (1986's "Get Rude" and 1987's "Slaughter In The Vatican").

1.jpg

First studio release, "Slaughter In The Vatican" - 1990.

2.jpg

Second (and final) studio release, "The Law" - 1992.

3.jpg

Official live bootleg

4.jpg

The split re-issue, came out a few months ago. You can get it in most good cd shops... and i reccomend you pick it up.

asshat.jpg

here is a pic of that asshat Phil in an Exhorder shirt trying to look tough. what a twat...

I put up 2 songs (1 from each studio album) in a zip file for you. I am going to take these down later tonight (limited web space)... so get em now.

exhorder tracks

now all u need to do is throw out ur pantera cds :D

This thread is fucking awesome!

Pyrus, you're not white? Jst asking. I got a vibe from the tone you seemed to be posting in. I'm not for racism, either, but I was just wondering...

As for Pantera, Phil's a faygit, and I like some of the glam stuff, CFH, VDOP, and FBD. Trendkill bites, and RTS is okay on some days.

Superjoint suck balls, and Down are even better than Pantera.

Jaar-Gilon said:
where is the global fucking Domination (\m/)? perhaps the fact that they never seemed to get anywhere good is testament that pantera was a better band

Doesnt change the fact Pantera are Revolutionary.

i forgot to adress these points in my last reply...

the global domination? i dont think exhorder actually gave a shit about that, they wanted to (and did) make great metal. They didnt give a fuck what their image was all about, or being the biggest thing ever.

Never got anywhere good? They have something pantera can never have... the respect of the metal community. The 2 albums they released are better than all 7 or 8 pantera albums. I already adressed WHY pantera made it and exhorder didnt... see my last post for that.

pantera... revolutionary? Just because they had a song called "revolution is my name" doesnt make them revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.