Pantera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I want you to use a spoon anyway. Stick it up my ass first, so when I land I get a hernia. :zombie:

:err: Uh, sure. Child abuse. Raaarrr.

Actually, I should listen more to Fabulous Disaster. I'm basing a great deal of it on Bonded By Blood and the letdown that was their supposed comeback album.

Pyrus said:
Judas Fucking Priest should save this year

I hope so... I'm seriously not going to read or hear anything about this album until it come out and it's in my hands. I don't care if it sounds like mallcore with Cock and Ball Torture thrown in, DON'T TELL ME.

Pyrus said:
Cock & Ball Mallcore? You should be beaten with a stick for even THINKING such a thing.

Heh, it could sound like anything at this point with all these references from Rob and Glenn. I can only hope it will slay with the best of them, but once again, the only time I hear or look at anything about this album is going to be when it is in my hands and about to go into my car/cd player/computer.

We've had a lot of practice deshittifying threads.

I'm pretty fucking confident in the new Priest album. They realize that all they have to do is make it sound more or less like Painkiller and everyone will fellate the hell out of it; maybe there'll be somewhat of a modern touch, but I suspect it'll be closer to Jugulator than Demolition. The Halford nostalgia is more valuable to them than a sound update.

Wishful thinking? Don't know. Don't care. Priest will pwn.

Pyrus said:
We've had a lot of practice deshittifying threads.

I'm pretty fucking confident in the new Priest album. They realize that all they have to do is make it sound more or less like Painkiller and everyone will fellate the hell out of it; maybe there'll be somewhat of a modern touch, but I suspect it'll be closer to Jugulator than Demolition. The Halford nostalgia is more valuable to them than a sound update.

Wishful thinking? Don't know. Don't care. Priest will pwn.

Halford said he likes Linkin Park... :erk: Then again, he created Two. Hopefully his...other...musical tastes wont affect this new album. ;)

EDIT: A lotta practice indeed. The Coolest Thread Ever was the coolest thread ever.

Pyrus said:
Yah, Bonded By Blood isn't for everyone. You have to have a certain amount of rifforama fanaticism to REALLY dig it.
Actually, it's just a little too Kill 'Em All Pt. 2 for me.

Cock & Ball Mallcore?
Interesting band proposition...

IMO, I want this to be Priest's Brave New World. A modern spin on a classic sound. I personally thought that was what BNW was. You're free to disagree, but that's what I want.

Pyrus said:
Halford may like Linkin Park, but he took Death Angel, Overkill, Testament, Immortal, Amon Amarth, and other such awesome bands out on tour with him, so his heart still seems to be with metal. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I was going to mention that, but I decided to be spiteful because he cancelled the last days of the tour THE DAY before he was supposed to come to Atlanta (I was living there at the time...). :yell:

Status
Not open for further replies.