the mighty Darkthrone..

I only have Under A Funeral Moon. I really like it. :)

Didnt Darkthrone give a statement or something about 10 years ago about not being racist or something? (I think i read it in Lords Of Chaos or i might be getting confused its far to early to think anyway)

Lost Wisdom said:
Didnt Darkthrone give a statement or something about 10 years ago about not being racist or something? (I think i read it in Lords Of Chaos or i might be getting confused its far to early to think anyway)

Yes, or at least sort of. Their label, Peaceville, put out public ads against the Darkthrone liner note content on "jews" in Transylvanian Hunger and soon after Darkthrone released a statement saying that they used the term "Jewish behavior" just to mean stupidity in general and that they aren't a political band. It was kind of a non-apology, really. However, perhaps they really did just use an unfortunate term. I can't say. Frankly, I'm not even that interested either way, but since you asked I thought I'd answer.

Dying Sun said:
It's an American thing. Our politics have become so racialized that people here assume any discussion of race or ethnicity is automatically political in nature.

Maybe it's an American thing, but in this case Darkthrone used the term "political" in their psuedo-retraction of the Transylvanian Hunger liner notes. They said they aren't a political band. So I think that statement, and not the peculiarities of American culture and politics, is why the term "political" entered this thread.

Well my first record by them that I heard was soulside journey, which is a lot more deathy than their other releases. But when I heard their other stuff, I just really liked the atmosphere they created. That sort of raw and dark sound. You start to love that shitty production after a while :)