"Paradise Lost" Review

i cant really speak german but ill try to translate...
matts rubbish at german said:
Sometimes there is a magic moment, when you first hear a band, and their marvellousness never decays. I had one of those moments with "Paradise Lost“, the new Studio album from Symphony X - ?i'm humbled by it or something along those lines? - this is the first, album that I've got to hear by guitarist Michael Romeo and great singer Russel Allen's band.

I don't know why because with each album that comes out I hear better and better things about them, what a mistake I have made! "Paradise lost" is the creme de la creme of progressive metal, heavier but at the same time more melodic, fast paced and heavily groove based, with the finest guitarwork and amazing vocals, making it (along with Dream Theater's "Systematic Chaos") one of the best Prog Metal albums of all time.

From Occulus Ex Inferni (a huge orchestral-metal introduction), to Set The World on Fire with it's grandiose refrain, the beautiful title track, "eve of seduction" with its crazy guitar melodies, up to the 10 minute Revelation (divvus pennae ex tragoeidaidiaisdia) it is so powerful and melodic that you can never get enough of it. The guitarist does a lot of crazy stuff, but the other band members are great on this well produced album. (theres something which makes absolutely no sense to me here so im guessing its some weird german saying). Russel Allen sings both cleanly and roughly, and both sides of his voice are fantastic. He is an exceptional singer. Certainly, some girly people will have problems with his heavier sections on "Paradise Lost", but from the larger community it will have the stamp of approval, anyone who listens to metal should check out this album.

I'm gonna do now what I shouldve done before, and get all their older albums! I'm glad that I've found out about them, better late than never.

So yeah, any word i dont understand ive tried to replace with something which i reckon fits the mold, sorry if ive got it all wrong. interesting its written by someone from inside out though...

yeah i couldnt figure out what the actual word was so i substituted it with what i thought to be reasonably close, wanna call me an idiot, give me a better translation first, cheers.

No, it is true that alot of girly people are too girly for Paradise Lost. Go to the Kamelot forum and ask the people there who like Symphony X why they don't like it.

Okay, I will now add the missing or wrong pieces of your translation, so you can all enjoy what the reviewer wrote in his review:

"Sometimes there are these magical moments, when you hear a band for the first time and you get awestruck by amazement. That is what happened to me with „Paradise Lost“, the now seventh studio album from Symphony X - I admit and confess myself guilty - is the first that I hear from guitarmagician Michael Romeo and goldenthroat Russel Allen.

I don't know myself, why I have never concerned myself with the band, although every new album constantly gets paeans of praise. As it turns out now, a fatal mistake! Because „Paradise Lost“ is the absolute creme de la creme of progressive metal, a work of genius, that is hard but at the same time majestic, melodic, galloping fast and grooving heavy, with fine guitar work and refined with Allens great voice, which will probably (together with Dream Theater's „Systematic Chaos“) sit the throne of the currently best progressive metal album for quite a while.

From „Oculus Ex Inferni“ (a bombastic, orchestral metal-intro) to the catchy „Set The World On Fire“ with it's terrific refrain, the beautiful, slow title song, to „Eve Of Seduction“ with it's great guitar melodies, up to the ten minute long „Revelation (Divus Pennae Ex Tragoedia)“, the album provides powerful, melodic "food" for your ears, that you'll never get tired of hearing. Like mentioned more than once before, it's mainly the great guitar work from Romeo that catches your attention, but the rest of the instrumentalists also show you on this fantastically produced album who's got the power! Russel Allen sings both cleanly and roughly, and both sides of his voice are fantastic. This man really is an exceptional singer. Certainly, some touchy people will have problems with the heavier sections on "Paradise Lost", but the main part of the prog-community will be very happy with this album and even the more traditional metal-fans should listen to this disk.

I will now at first do something, that I should've done long before now: Get the Backlog of Symphony X and be happy about finally discovering this band. Better late than never! Christian (InsideOut Music)"

saying 'systematic chaos' is one of the best prog albums of all time kinda ruined it for me.

lol this review says nothing actually, except that it's soo great and you have that little boring story of the author's experiences with SX.
But even though the language is not that good, one can see how wonderful the German language is [/patriotism] :danceboy:

btw, one day left :headbang: