Paradise Lost will be a concept album?

The girl on the cover of "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" is with 99% certainty the same as the one on the cover of "Paradise Lost". Considering the title track of DWoT and the "supposed" theme of the new album, and don't forget they are both holding a rose, I'd say they're the same. :)

The rose... that, I didn't notice... good point!

It's loosly based on a combination of Lord Of The Rings, The Odyssey, Scenes From A Memory, and Star Wars all rolled into one...

Yup, just like all concept albums... Scenes From A Memory is also based on V and The Wake of Magellan!

Hi everybody,
First post here.

For me, it's definitly a concept album base on the Paradise Lost of Milton ("Biblical romantico-poems").

If I can, when the album will come out officially, I'll try to explain why I think that and the senses of all the songs with Milton's Book (and by analogy, Bible). Maybe somebody will agree with me.

But there is definitly a correlation btw PL and TDOT (artwork, theme etc...)
and btw PL artwork and PL theme (of course but I mean, there are clueds for almost every song), and btw PL books and PL album.

For this time, the tree in the fire. Can it possibly be the Tree of Life or the Tree of the Knowledge in the Bible ?

The girl on the cover of "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" is with 99% certainty the same as the one on the cover of "Paradise Lost". Considering the title track of DWoT and the "supposed" theme of the new album, and don't forget they are both holding a rose, I'd say they're the same. :)
:)
But who is she ?
She can't be Eve I think. That was a little be logical but she can't be Eve because of the wings, no ?

The "thing" on the cover of PL and DWoT is obviously an angel as it has wings.. but then again it could be Eve in some symbolic way. My guess though is that the artwork of DWoT was made up as a connection to the title-track, without any specific connection to PL (the poem), and then they just felt it would be cool to re-use the character simply because they share the same theme. That's just my guess...

Yes why not.
But I think there is a logical connection btw this character (and the second lying on the floor) and the Milton's books. All the artworks of each album are logically bound with the theme of it.
As you said, maybe just in a symbolic way.

Anyway, this album will be a gift for me. As the samples show us, the sound is great, Russell is...awesome !!!!!
The theme is perfect (for me, I'm very interesting about the theologie) so...

PS : Sorry for my english

Really, the could be loosely based. It doesn't have to EXACTLY fit the content of the albums.
With THIS theme, the samples, the fucking awesome artwork, maybe there is not a representation for each title of songs, but the "woman" angel (angel don't have gender) is here for something precisly.
But the tree in the fire is a mystery for me.(except if it's the tree of life or knowledge).

Hope my post are comprehensible :)

It's most definitely tied into DwoT, in more ways than you guys think. Without going into banning territory, it's my guess, based off of the samples...that it's a prequel disc to DWoT..again just a guess.

With THIS theme, the samples, the fucking awesome artwork, maybe there is not a representation for each title of songs, but the "woman" angel (angel don't have gender) is here for something precisly.
But the tree in the fire is a mystery for me.(except if it's the tree of life or knowledge).

Hope my post are comprehensible :)

If angels don't have genders, then how do you explain angel sex and the angel babies it produces?

It's a bit like the song Metropolis Pt.1 and the album Metropolis Pt.2... except that Metropolis Pt.2 had a very strict story throughout the whole album.