purchasing paradise lost

It's probably too good to be true, but according to this the album will be released this coming Monday on Amazon UK! So I've ordered my copy from there along with Devin Townsend's Ziltoid The Omnicient. What do you reckon? :loco:

There's a surprise - an email from Amazon saying they're pushing back the delivery date with no explanation :Smug: I'm unimpressed

Just an update on this for those interested. Following the postponement of my order I contacted Amazon with the following:
theVikingR said:
The release date for this album according to all sources that I've seen is 26th June, although amazon.co.uk was unique in providing 21st May as the release date. If your date is actually incorrect, please let me know so I can rule out getting this album early instead of receiving daily delivery estimate extensions.

And they responded thus:
Amazon.co.uk said:
I checked our website and confirm that the item was released on May 21, 2007.

I have checked your order and we are still waiting on the following item to be delivered to us by our supplier.

We still expect to dispatch your order by the date listed in Your Account: May 22, 2007.

When we dispatch it from our Fulfilment Centre we’ll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

Please contact us (by visiting the following link) if you do not receive your e-mail confirmation by May 23, 2007 and we will investigate

Frankly I am still dubious as to whether they will be getting copies in the next 24 hours, but I can always hope.

Just an update on this for those interested. Following the postponement of my order I contacted Amazon with the following:

And they responded thus:

Frankly I am still dubious as to whether they will be getting copies in the next 24 hours, but I can always hope.
OK... I have to admit I've chickened out & had to cancel my order. :oops: I finally figured there's no way they'd receive the album a month earlier than everywhere else, apparently Amazon has a history of mixing up release dates, & nobody on here seemed too keen to jump for joy at my amazing discovery either. :rolleyes: Also from that reply it almost sounds like they've just read from the website same as you, & just read back to you what you've already seen typed up. :err: Hmm... well keep us informed theVikingR, I appreciate it.

edit: lol. Now I'm glad I cancelled.

I emailed Amazon again telling them the CD had not been dispatched by the date they assured me it would be, and after two emails which both stated essentially:
"We checked our website, and the date says it was released on the 21st of May"

Grateful for Amazon's confirmation that I can indeed read, I nonetheless pursued the issue and today received this:
Amazon.co.uk said:
Firstly let me apologise for any inconvenience this issue may have
caused.

I have looked into this and also confirmed it with out buying
department that the correct release date for this item is June 26th

I am very sorry that the information on the website is incorrect,
unfortunately as we have so many items on the website the
information can sometimes be incorrect.

I have passed this onto our catalogue department to have this
information updated to the correct date. This will prevent the
delivery extension emails being sent to you. Please be aware it can
a take a number of days for this to be changed so please be patient.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience this issue may have
caused.

The moral: Don't believe Amazon. They are liars.