New SX CD

I'd like a Rediscovery part III or something...
At first I was gonna say "But there already was an ending." But then I remembered that the lyrics don't actually specify an end to that battle, so then I thought that we'd have to wait until the last war of man to find out the ending. And then I thought again that maybe they should write it and make the entire story of the battle between Ptah Khnemu and Montu Sekhmet all a metaphor for the Giants Patriots Superbowl. I mean both are religious stories, so that must say something.

The thing about Forums is that people from everywhere in the world posts, people with so different realities, and therefore so different views about Humor. That's why there are so many misunderstandings. i say this because english is not my native language and most of the time i dont know what the fuck you are all talking about... imagine when i try to understand one of your sarcastic jokes. Maybe i could've thought you were serious when u said that Michael romeo told you SX's new album is going to be Progressive Black Salsa.

Dude...when people say something about how his vocals are lessening in any way or that he only growls now...listen to the Walls of Babylon's pre-chorus and say that once again in seriousness.

The man can fucking howl and growl all he wants, he has the talent to do almost anything.

Glad to see someone else point out the Dio & Walsh ness of Allens vocals. It was one of the first things I noticed. However I believe Russell out does both, dont get me wrong... HUGE Dio fan here. Russells smooth voice takes care of the short falls of Walshs. I played some more SX for one of my buddies last week and first thing he asked when the voice changed was if it was another vocalist. Awesome talent there, but if he starts that death growl... "stuff"(to be kind)... I'll quickly loose interest in the band. Sing or step away from the mic, thats how I feel, Allen has always done an excellent job with powerful, gritty, raw emotion... SUNG vocals.

I really hope the rumored Heaven and Hell / Judas Priest tour actually happens.

Now there is something to live for

gotta say though, its breaking my soul to see everyone getting... well.... kinda old, because with that comes some sad realities. But heres to those keepin the faith :headbang:

Not sure what you mean by animated Zach but both rule with mic in hand. Dios an origional but Im pretty sure Allens stuff is more demanding, more use of range and other variants. I also dont mean to imply in any way that Russell is a Dio clone, or of Walsh for that matter, its only once in awhile that I hear similar phrasing and tone. Allens voice changes alot in between as well, part of the reason why I feel hes one of the best vocalists in current metal... not that SX is current to the extreme or "new". They maintain enough old school influence to keep my interest.

see now, theres more CD's I need to catch up on... anything Dio, including the first Rainbow album, probably been 30 years since I heard anything from that besides Man on the Silver Mountain. Real partial to Holy Diver as well.

As far as new Symphony X release, I'd give them at least two years if not three with all this touring. Maybe that has inspired them though and ideas are already brewing.