Paradox are no more

Jerk post.

Not exactly. Whether a new band replaces them, whether other bands get additional time, or whether the fest simply starts 45 minutes later, it's a win in my eyes.

To those that really wanted to see them, it absolutely sucks. I've been there...I wanted to see Power Quest, Tomorrow's Eve, Andre Matos and the return of the mighty Vanden Plas (twice). I wanted to see Wastefall a few years back. For reasons discussed ad nauseam, the bands didn't get to play. It happens and I didn't complain about it when I was on the other side of the situation.

I won't delve into it anymore, it's silly. But the original post wasn't designed to incite the hardcore Paradox fans.

That's a shame. Of all the artists I interviewed, he was by far the most excited about playing the U.S. He's a very genuine, charming guy. I feel bad for him. I'm sure he's bitterly disappointed.

Aska. Aska. Aska. Oh yeah... a 4th option... Aska.

I totally agree ASKA would be awesome

I approve of ZOD'S recommendation 150%

I'll voice myself as one of those who says you don't necessarily need to get a replacement band. Saturday is still six bands. I wouldn't complain about Illusion Suite moving to open Saturday instead of Friday (although I don't expect that due to logistical complications associated).

Oh no!!! I was really looking forward to their set. :( And Charly is such a nice guy, super cool about letting me put their music on the MySpace page. He seemed so happy and excited to be playing PPUSA.

I'm bummed, boss! But I'm sure I'm nowhere near as bummed as you are.

~C

Damn, and I bought one of their CDs. Oh well, it's not bad stuff. It's just the only reason I bought it was due to the PP appearance.

I don't think you need to replace them. You still have 13 bands over the course of the two days. I don't think the loss of the early early opener on Saturday is going to have a major adverse affect. However, you might have to ask a few other bands to play some thrash, just to fill in :)

Steve in Philly

I agree with you Steve. I don't think you need to replace them Glenn. The roster is still strong. But if you did, I agree a band like Halcyon Way would be cool.

Aska would be badass. Or Twisted Tower Dire, or Becoming The Archetype, or Theocracy. It would be cool to see some local/U.S. blood.

Daath are from Atlanta and are there in the area recording. Just sayin...

For them to disband so hard and fast like this there must have been a Long Night at Wrong Beach-type incident. Better for them to cancel now, rather than Glenn and company trying to break up a war backstage which could hurt the PPUSA brand. It there is going to be a replacement, since Aska will be in Germany, why not something like Destroy, Destroy, Destroy?

This really sucks. Paradox was one of the bands I was most looking forward to seeing. And to find out they've split up to boot just compounds the disappointment :(

Is a replacement really necessary? I think the fans are getting way more than what their money is worth already.[/QUOT

That is definitely true, and I think most would agree. I think we are just tossing out ideas just in case Glenn decides to try to find a replacement. But, Christ, 13 bands over 2 evenings at this price is still an amazing deal..

Aska would be badass. Or Twisted Tower Dire, or Becoming The Archetype, or Theocracy. It would be cool to see some local/U.S. blood.

Daath are from Atlanta and are there in the area recording. Just sayin...

I LOVE Becoming the Archetype, but they just are not PPUSA material, mainly because of the No Moshing rule and a BTA show can only be called a match meets powderkeg moment. . .. however it would be cool to see them do a set focusing on the technical stuff instead of the heavy,... and they are from ATL ...umm..........

What is really bad about this situation, is the money lost on Visas for Paradox. Whatever Glenn decides, i know will be in the best interest of all.