Paradox are no more

Paradox are thrashy power metal right? Why not try for Darkology for something heavy/thrashy/powery. If I was going to the fest I'd sure love to see Kelly Sundown beltin out some tunes and Michael Harris tearin it up.

That is a very astute observation.

Dude, I feel for you. I had just been commenting to the guys I come with every year that this year hasn't been as bad as usual for band cancellations. (Shit it was my fault! Sorry!) You certainly don't deserve the headaches, but thanks for putting up with them!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! The one-two punch of them and Stormwarrior I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately though, I can't say I'm surprised as I know there were major lineup shake ups and it was probably one of those things where the new lineup just wasn't working. I wish Charly the best though. I really feel for the guy since he's had so many troubles with this band through the years.

Not that it's a good thing, but I find this not as damaging a reason as the visa issues in the past.

I definitely would like to see a thrash band replace a thrash band.My mind was set on that type of metal at that time of the festival.Would be nice to be able to keep that mindset if possible

There's hope for a Shaolin Death Squad appearance at PP then... awesome live band from Texas =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of progressive thrash... Anacrusis might be a good replacement. They're cut from a similar bolt of cloth; they've been around since the 80s/90s, but defunct for a long time before recently reforming; and they're in the US :)

I'm now wondering if the increase in the number of bands, is due to these kind of issues. If Glenn has twelve bands booked, and loses one or two at the last moment, he's still in double digits. If he has ten and loses two, the perception of value takes a bigger hit.

This really sucks, sorry to hear this Glenn!! I was looking forward to seeing them. Replacement or not, show is still going on and still very much worth it.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! The one-two punch of them and Stormwarrior I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately though, I can't say I'm surprised as I know there were major lineup shake ups and it was probably one of those things where the new lineup just wasn't working. I wish Charly the best though. I really feel for the guy since he's had so many troubles with this band through the years.

Not that it's a good thing, but I find this not as damaging a reason as the visa issues in the past.

WHAT! What happened to Stormwarrior?!?!?!?!?

He's referring to the back-to-back effect of Paradox + Stormwarrior. I was really hyped about that too. I'm sure Stormwarrior will still kick major ass. The only thing is I think Paradox had a wider appeal than Stormwarrior, who draw the ire of those who just hate power metal.

I'll echo the sentiments that it is unfortunate that Paradox have disbanded but the festival is still going to be great and a lot of fun, even if there is no replacement. Glenn and the troops always make this thing work so I will be happy no matter how this ultimately plays out (replacement versus no replacement).

I've read some good recommendations and I really like the Solitude Aeturnus idea. They're essentially local for me and I have seen them 2 or 3 times live and they've been great every time. I'll also toss out another name that I like although I will probably be scorned for doing so..... but I can take it! hahaha

Anyone else like Lazarus AD?

Jerk post.

It is.

For those that do love Paradox, this is a total bummer. Along with Venom, Paradox was THEE band I was looking forward to. I immediately gave Kudos to Glenn for pushing the boundaries of his festival with a progressive thrash band.

If you follow Paradox, the band has persevered through quite a bit. I know Charly has gone through tons of medical problems. I don't know which website I read it from, but I believe Charly is a widow. I tried to find other sources, but could not.

Paradox has gone through so much in their 23+ year existence, and to shut it down 2 months before their FIRST US appearance is a damn shame.

I was reading to bring CDs for them to sign and a camera of course. This just blows for me personally.

Not exactly. Whether a new band replaces them, whether other bands get additional time, or whether the fest simply starts 45 minutes later, it's a win in my eyes.

To those that really wanted to see them, it absolutely sucks. I've been there...I wanted to see Power Quest, Tomorrow's Eve, Andre Matos and the return of the mighty Vanden Plas (twice). I wanted to see Wastefall a few years back. For reasons discussed ad nauseam, the bands didn't get to play. It happens and I didn't complain about it when I was on the other side of the situation.

I won't delve into it anymore, it's silly. But the original post wasn't designed to incite the hardcore Paradox fans.

I don't think that was the point. The fact that Glenn works his ass off to bring us the best show that he can, and a bands cancels and you say..."Nice!!!" Thats fucked up. That you don't care for the band is one thing...to make an insensitive statement like that is another.

+1 Jerk post