Pardon the stupidity of my question, but why do the vocals sound so muffled on HTWTS?

Azogue

New Metal Member
Hi, I'm a reviewer for www.metalreview.com and I'm working on a review of Helping The World To see. I'm enjoying the album immensely, and my review will certainly show that...but I need a few bits of info to help me out. By the way, I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I'm a little pressed for time and a direct answer from the band or someone else would be ideal.

OK, so the main difference I can see between the production on HTWTS and GWC is the treatment that was used on the vocals. I've heard complaints from a lot of people regarding this very issue, but I personally have no problem with it; in fact, I find it very effective, as it gives the album a raw atmosphere, very rough around the edges. I'd like to know what it is that you guys did to get the vocals to sound like that (someone mentioned the name of the "process", but I forgot) and what you hoped to achieve by this new sound.

Thanks in advance to Vehemence, and thanks for such an awesome album. This coming from someone who doesn't exactly enjoy most Death Metal...besides this and Psycroptic's Scepter of The Ancients, I've yet to find a somewhat recent DM release I like. The review should be up tomorrow :)

Thanks for reviewing our album! our vocals for this new album were done in a more direct form. We decided to not over produce the vocals, like how we did on GWC. That album had different personalities which we wanted to achieve. This new album was a step up in production and in the right direction. We always make sure our albums sound different, and we couldn’t see having the same vocal production as GWC on this album, because if you think, what if all of our albums had the exact same production, that would be ZzZz and turn out monotonous. I Hope that gives you a better understanding why we went with the more direct vocal way "this time around".