Patch for amp/cab

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I have several guitar amps, one cab and one THD hotplate. As my place is pretty small, I'd like to switch easily from an amp to another without the annoying plug/unplug thing behind each head. So basically I'm looking for a patch for that purpose. Advices?

Ampeg made something like that back in 90's for stores to demo. They are pretty much impossible to find used. The last time I looked was almost 2yrs ago though so maybe someone sells a newer design. I'd be interested as well.

Edit:
Looks like there exists a company making one now:
http://ampete.com/products/switcher-series/ampete-444/

Leave it up to the RigTalk guys to create a 'need'.

Last edited:
Radial Headbone. You def need something with a load to have the amp connected and not patched to the cab. It's only a two amp switcher though.

Yes guys, I forgot to mention that I know the Headbone. But as Wishtheend said, it's only a two amp connection and it's not as practical as a real patchbay for an everyday use. Don't really need a patch with load - just need to turn on one amp at a time. I actually thought about a kind of thing like that (@ 6:22) and I'm pretty sure his is a DIY stuff: (amazing studio btw!)

I actually thought about a kind of thing like that (@ 6:22) and I'm pretty sure his is a DIY stuff: (amazing studio btw!)

EDIT: removed link to product, I was too fast with that one.

I've also dabbed into this subject before but what made me not go for anything at all is the impedance switching. I a few different cabs so I need to change the output impedance all the time.