Paul = David Gilmour?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
After TNR came out, in my review of the album, I noted the similarities in Paul's clean vocals, esp on TWILIGHT INNOCENCE, to David Gilmour.

If you don't know who David Gilmour is, I HIGHLY suggest you get off this forum now, Google him, and recognize, sucker!

Anyhow, I was spinning The Pale Haunt Departure today for the first time in quite a while. Another song that showcases Paul's Gilmour-esque vocals are THROUGH A CHILD'S EYES.

Just curious if anyone else has ever thought that about Paul's vocals.

Another interesting thing to note is that you practically never see the two of them in the same room at the same time. That might be the clue we're looking for right there.

Another interesting thing to note is that you practically never see the two of them in the same room at the same time. That might be the clue we're looking for right there.

Interesting indeed.....

1994 - Pink Floyd release THE DIVISION BELL, world tour immediately follows, ending in October (Hrm...one month before November? Coincidence?)

1995 - Novembers Doom release AMID ITS HOLLOWED MIRTH

2006 - In April, David Gilmour releases and tours in support of ON AN ISLAND

2006 - Novembers Doom ceases playing live, with the focus on writing and recording THE NOVELLA RESERVOIR. European tour with Agalloch, Saturnus, and Thurisaz takes place in November.

I think you might be right!
Paul and David are indeed the same man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the problem with cover tunes, they either wind up being too obscure, or just too obvious.

If we ever did one, it'd have to make sense for us. I have a hard time figuring out which one would make the most sense for us, that hasn't been done to death already by others.

Yes!! Finally some love for Momentary Lapse of Reason!!!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Wall, Dark Side, and Wish You Were Here, but it seems many who claim to be PF fans only know those albums.

Just curious... Anyone here ever get the chance to see PF live? I am only 33, so the only times they came when I was old enough to go to shows was the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour and the Division Bell tour. I passed on both, which I extremely regret now.

Gilmour = Amazing, solo stuff is great

Any Kate Bush fans? Because he discovered her at 16 & launched her career too!!!!!!

Not to mention all his charities, genuine great guy!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: