Paul = David Gilmour?

I absolutely love Kate Bush. I drive my wife nuts with it, because she's not a fan, lol.

There aren't too many people who I can say that I am totally in awe of, but David Gilmour (and Kate Bush, actually) would qualify. I love all of his work in PF, his solo work is great and sadly quite overlooked by many Floyd fans. His playing is a huge inspiration to me, and I've "borrowed" some of his stuff from time to time (many of my ideas in songs like "Leaving This" and "Through A Child's Eyes", for example). Y'know....all that stuff that everyone thinks we're just copping from Opeth? :lol: Chances are more likely that I'm riffin' on Gilmour and co. in those instances.

I dunno, ya think? ;)

Mike and I have really similar tastes....maybe it's the closeness in age, I dunno. I've had the pleasure of sitting and talking with him about this in the past, actually. I laughed when I recently read that his big inspiration on "Watershed" was Odessey and Oracle by The Zombies, as I've been championing that album and that band for years now. The man has good tastes, I gotta say.

I know Piggy from Voi Vod expressed his admiration of PF repeatedly through the years, and sported their shirts on occasion. Though I guess that's a given, per their cover of Astronomy Domine.

I think the Floyd are one of the most influential bands of our time, along with King Crimson. Back in 1974, I saw Floyd at Three Rivers stadium in Pittsburgh, Pa. Truly, an incredible concert experience. In my top 3 of all-time. Mr. Gilmour's contribution to modern music is huge. One of my favorite guitarists. Gilmour=Kuhr, I don't get it. Maybe it's my ears. The only possible similiarity would be on the song-"Leaving This."

Over the years, my band has debated covering a Floyd song. We've never covered ANY song before. The short list is:

High Hopes
The Final Cut
Nile Song

Nile song please! High Hopes is rad too.. and yes Division Bell I once didn't like, but grew to love..