Paul = David Gilmour?

Power Metal, like any other kind of metal, has it's good and bad artists, songs, albums, etc. I definitely like some power metal when it's well done, and we each have our standards of what that entails.

I was thinking about the whole cover song thing earlier today and one major thought came to mind....I would only want to do a song that I really felt was a great song, and that we could do justice to. The thing is, so many classic songs were just so well done to begin with, the cover version always winds up being inferior. I mean noone is gonna do "Echoes" better than Gilmour & Floyd do (or did) it. At this point we'd have to all agree on a song that we all felt strongly about and had a cool concept for adding our own touch to it, that wouldn't diminish the greatness of the song. So yeah, that's pretty hard :lol:

I'd just rather put that kind of effort and focus into trying to write our own songs, in hopes that others will enjoy them or find them to be "great".

But if someone ever puts together a nice, serious Voivod tribute cd, I already know what song we should do ;)

Swano is a very good producer. There are better though, it'd be awesome if you guys got Steven Wilson to produce the next one.