Paul Di'Anno talking shit on Bruce Dickinson

Thought I'd chime in on this thread since it seems to never die. What I've noticed by most peoples comments is that Paul sucks. Granted from the opening statement, I'd say the same. What a Dick. However, I have also seen him be somebody that you'd say, fuck, this guy is way cool.. I saw him at a small club (I think it was in the Anaheim area and I think it was Jezebels?) back in the mid to late 80's when he was on tour during the Battlezone days. After a few songs into the gig, he notices something going on in the crowd (I don't remember what it was, but it was something stupid like somebody harassing somebody), anyways right in the middle of a song, he stopped singing and told the band to stop. Complete silence and full attention directed at the person harassing and told them to stop f'n doing what he's doing cuz he's f'n ruining it for everybody. I'd never seen anything like that before and thought that was way cool. Sometime around 2002, he came out with his autobiography "The Beast." That was an interesting read. You'll quickly learn that he says what he wants, is very blunt, and very x-rated. As far as who's my fav singer, hands down it's Rob Halford. But, my fav band has always been Iron Maiden. I like both Bruce and Paul as singers and have never liked one over the other.

Well, he's got the part about Blayze being shit right, but the rest is crap. I actually PREFER Bruce's voice on Phantom and Iron Maiden, in fact I have a record (remember vinyl, young ones?) of a New Year's Eve 1981/82 New York Palladium show and the performance of those two songs just BLEW ME AWAY! The only "old" song that I think Paul sounds better on is Wrathchild. And he's an ass for putting Bruce down for fencing. Hell, I collect swords myself and used to do fencing, and there is NOTHING fairy-like about it. He's just jealous because Bruce's career soared and his went.......NOWHERE!

kellver said:
Dude busted out a Haiku, that's old (2nd Grade) type old school. One of the most original unexpected surprises on the board yet!

lol..........:p

triviumlover said:
wots a haiku

HAHAHAHAHA.......:tickled: ....

Eh , Paul's got problems...back in 1987 when I met him again on the Battlezone tour , he said that there was some sort of bootlegs floating around with him singing 3-4 of the songs on NOTB....THEN had the gonads to claim that he once dated Kate Bush....simply put , the guys crackers.

eddielightningeyes.gif

i'd say BB albums were better than Di-Anno's but that's my opinion....everyone's entitled to have one as far as i know :p:

Ax Slinger said:
Yeah, he's a prick. And without Maiden there is a distinct possibility that nobody would have ever heard of him. He would be average joe singer scraping by on the ocaissional gig and a day job. But he was with Maiden for awhile, and the royalties from the first two album (and a few other things) have probably been a good part of what has been supporting him and his family for some time now. And because of that, the expression "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" comes to mind. Specially since he can't seem to let it go...
"Don't bite the BAND that feeds you":lol: :loco:

muckhead said:
Although I 100% agree that listening to Bruce sing Paul songs is one step from torture (I never have understood why they continue to play the older stuff as it just sounds weird), if I ever end up as cocky and conceited as Paul for any reason, please, I beg for any of you to kill me.
They continue to play the older stuff for us "older" fans who have been listening to Maiden from the start. It is what makes them who they are. They have not come this far by only promoting their latest masterpieces. They capitalize from every aspect of their career.
Paul is also capitalizing from every aspect, including his time with Iron Maiden.
Furthermore ,IMO, Paul D'Anno could have been one of the great ones, but he f**ked-up. Could'a-should'a-would'a, ya' know? If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle!:bah:

Luv it, but luv to hate it when rockers fight. C'mon now!
Time goes on, lets look to the future, we luv the past, thanks for the memories, bla bla bla bla bla.....

Maiden rocks, that's all there is to it. Paul or Bruce, both part of Maiden, Lets remember its Iron Maiden, Not Iron Paul or Bruce.

Rock on fellow rockers...:loco:

didn't anyone see di'anno's amazing performance on IRON MAIDEN'S THE EARLY YEARS DVD. the concert where they were playing that small club in '81. he had such amazing energy and really belted the songs out. and he looked like he was having the time of his life. di'anno's vocals are more ballsy, more "metal" if you will. classically trained bruce is more theatrical. and this fits as maiden got more progressive. but as to who's the nicer guy...i sat down with bruce for an hour-long interview and he was very cordial and matter-of-fact. di'anno's book was very frank and honest, and i admire that. but i don't think he's someone i'd like to hang out with. he's bi-polar, violent, and abuses hard drugs and alcohol. that's a recipe for disaster. but i'll take the first two di'anno albums over any others. but again, i prefer early 80s metal when it was still semi-underground, as opposed to the well-produced glam metal from 1985- so it's all relative and a matter of preference. but it's obvious that bruce is the gentleman of the two :Smug:

How dare he call virtual shit... that albums is one of the best albums they have... But he does has a point about the people complaining that he still sings his old songs... When bruce has gigs whit his solo band, they play songs like powerslave, run to the hills and flight of icarus. and in someway they don't care about that.. but paul can sing his own songs better then bruce same as bruce sucks at lord of the flies And blaze sucks at hallowed and trooper

Bruce - Pilot, Educated in history, European Champion in fencing, Greatest metal singer, ....

Paul - Had a great voice... Now a sell out and a bitter large man. When I say large that's another word for fat drunk man..

Paul may be a bit weird, but he is right! Maiden never reached the high level of their first two albums. In fact, they got seriously boring (scream for me plutooooo). Paul may lack the vocal technique of Bruce, but he stood for every word he sang. When I first played Number of the Beast I was thrilled. Now, more than twenty years later, I never play it. On the other hand I still play IM and Killers. In fact, the first one is on now.

Rik&Roll said:
Paul may be a bit weird, but he is right! Maiden never reached the high level of their first two albums. In fact, they got seriously boring (scream for me plutooooo). Paul may lack the vocal technique of Bruce, but he stood for every word he sang. When I first played Number of the Beast I was thrilled. Now, more than twenty years later, I never play it. On the other hand I still play IM and Killers. In fact, the first one is on now.

Close enough for me! Well said.:kickass:

Paul = Gold.

Bruce = Silver?

Yeah right!!

Ok, first of all: Bruce makes his solo stuff, and it sells and still is selling even today still. "Accident of Birth" and "The Chemical Wedding" are 2 awesome CDs!!

Paul makes his solo stuff. Hardly any of which is selling at all. The only CD from Paul that I can find anywhere is "The Nomad" CD. Very good CD, it really is, but "Accident of Birth" and "The Chemical Wedding" CDs are MUCH better.

Paul stayed with MAIDEN during their resturant days and for their first 2 albums and 1 EP (Maiden Japan). Paul stayed in the band for about 4 years.

Bruce Bruce stays with MAIDEN during from rising Heavy Hard Rock band to a Superpower band. Bruce Bruce stays in the band for about 14 years, leaves for about 4 or 5 years, and comes back again for another 5 or 6 years.

Tell me which one of the 2 has the biggest impact on the band's history?! ;)

Since when do selling figures say any fucking thing? Britney Spears´solo-albums sell much better than bruce´s. You like her better?