Pc case for the studio...

Not quite as good as the venomous x from thermalright guys, but still one of the best. You are talking silly stuff though, like 3-4 degrees under maximum load. Prolimatech megahalems also in very high demand atm. I sense the time has come for an overclocking session downunder Ermz? :D What idle temps do you get at the moment? (and just out of interest, in the worst heat of summer). I tend to idle around 45 degrees running 4.3ghz 24/7, which is actually deemed slightly warm for my setup. I dont use any cpu power saving features as they can make your OC a little unstable or in my case, provide interference with my monitors lol.

P.S You should have no problems fitting a decent cooler in a P183 mate

Antec P-183 and do it like me, passive cooler on GFX card, super HUGE passive cooler on CPU, no fan cases, GO. Zero sound from the PC! Cant tell if it's on or off, and CPU temps stay at 30ºC idle, I can even game for hours =) Just go for decent passive coolers and your set!

Antec P-183 and do it like me, passive cooler on GFX card, super HUGE passive cooler on CPU, no fan cases, GO. Zero sound from the PC! Cant tell if it's on or off, and CPU temps stay at 30ºC idle, I can even game for hours =) Just go for decent passive coolers and your set!

Im not sure about passive cooling devices for the 5870 atm, these things run dayum hot when in use! I used to run a huge passive cooler on the cpu, but when one of those is fully loaded, a high quality quiet fan is going to knock your temps down by a good 20 degrees C. Admittedly, audio work is not generally going to max your cpu in anywhere near the fashion of a good gaming session.

I use a $45 4 space PC rack. Not loud at all. The key is only using as many fans as you need, and using high quality ones. Also having some sort of exhaust system that leads out of the control room is nice, but I know not everyone can implement that.

I run it like the post above me, heatsinks take the place of most fans. I'd still use at least one case fan in the rear though, since the motherboard and drives still produce heat that you need to suck out the case.