Peanut Butter

Creamy or Chunky?

• Total voters
I like to eat peanut butter and jelly right out of the jars. When I used to get stoned a lot, two of my favorite munchies snacks were that, and alternating bites of chunks of cheese and chunks of iceberg lettuce. cheese and lettuce baby!!

You're probably not the only one.:lol:
[edit]

Okay, what the hell did I just say? I had definitely seen it on sale, it's called "chem'at botnim" in Hebrew.
Eh, I'm not quite myself these last couple of days.

I've somehow never got the chance to try out peanut butter. I may have seen it in stores, but never actively sought it out.
Isn't it considered a purely American staple food? You know, like humus and falafel for Israelis?

Apparently, since no one outside the U.S. seems to give a shit about it.

I like to eat peanut butter and jelly right out of the jars. When I used to get stoned a lot, two of my favorite munchies snacks were that, and alternating bites of chunks of cheese and chunks of iceberg lettuce. cheese and lettuce baby!!

Cheese and lettuce? Ick.

Along with Reese's, Nutter Butter is pretty good too.

On the topic of "butters" I also love apple butter.

I'm pretty apathetic towards the general variety of lettuce(the bright-green one), but the "purple-ish" type ( it's called velvet here) is very tasty.

Yeah, iceberg (that light green, spherical head of lettuce) is pretty worthless for salads and whatnot. But I prefer it on hamburgers and sandwiches...and with chunks of cheddar cheese. For salads I like either the green or red (romaine) leafy kind, plus spinach, plus all those weird other kinds.

Peanut butter is not purely a US thing. I can't speak for all of Europe but it definitely is common in the UK and the Netherlands atleast.

Yeah, iceberg (that light green, spherical head of lettuce) is pretty worthless for salads and whatnot. But I prefer it on hamburgers and sandwiches...and with chunks of cheddar cheese. For salads I like either the green or red (romaine) leafy kind, plus spinach, plus all those weird other kinds.
Yea, romaine is the one that I like. The red-purple leafy sort.

Peanut butter is not purely a US thing. I can't speak for all of Europe but it definitely is common in the UK and the Netherlands atleast.
Yea, I'm now certain that it's sold here, but can't say it's popular among local consumers. I would have probably bought a jar or two had I seen many people buying it.

I wish they had Reese's here in Europe. A friend of mine from the US sent me some once and they were pretty awesome.
You make up for it with meat flavored potato chips. I got steak flavored chips in Belgium and they were great.

:lol: I read "...humans and falafel..." at first glance.
Well they are Jews... :err:

Along with Reese's, Nutter Butter is pretty good too.
Agreed

Not common at all here, you can buy it sure, but if you eat it you usually are looked down upon and called disgusting. x)

My friend takes two waffles, toasts them, then puts peanut butter between them along with honey nut cheerios between them also. Then he puts the two waffles together, to make a sandwich. Then he covers it with syrup.

cheddar cheese and iceberg lettuce. It's like part of sandwiches and burgers all the time. I just isolated it.

Those two things should never be put together tbh. There's something about lettuce mixed with cheese that yucks me the fuck out.