Pearl Brass Snare Samples

Sounds great!!
thanks a lot! ;)

Could you tell me how many samples are per velocity (soft/med/hard) so i can make a TCI file?

Zero,

I generally put 12 hits per zone. 6 zones.

Very soft
Soft
Medium
Medium-Hard
Hard
Crack (stick rimshot)

There's proably an extra one or two in the crack group since I always try to end on a really sweet-spot type hit - doesn't come on #12!

Hope that helps.

And, if you could post up the tci, that would be great.

Zero,

Nice - thank you! I always find it interesting how people create these.

Was that last snare useful to anyone? Need I ask if I should post other sets as well?

It's so generous of you to post awesome samples like this. Thank you, Drumwerks!
If you'd like to post more sets then that would be cool. But I won't beg or make demands. :kickass:

Zero,

Nice - thank you! I always find it interesting how people create these.

Was that last snare useful to anyone? Need I ask if I should post other sets as well?

It literally takes a couple of minutes.
If you ever need TCIs done dont hesitate to PM me ;)

The snare sounds great!

And please post more :worship:kickass::headbang:

Zero,

Thanks again. I tend to do TCI's more vertically, but the wide horizontal approach you did seems better to get more of the samples used, especially when your velocities are roughly in the basic zones (hard, med, soft). Anyway, just interesting to see is all!

You have any experience creating Kontakt instruments? That's an area I think I need to learn much more.

Samples coming up...

Zero,

For velocities on that second snare, pretty much the same as the first. Six zones, usually 10-12 per zone. Usually a few more in the crack zone since I find those the most interesting.

Will get up another snare if y'all will oblige me...

One more snare for the day...

What we have here is a Yamaha Oak Musashi snare. I don't know how I feel about oak drums. They are sort of between the sound of birch and maple, but have a different character. I do know they are loud as hell. Really, as in, your ears will hurt if you are playing the hell out of them. Piercing, bright loud, but they do have bottom too (guess that's the reason I think they have some of the birch and maple characteristics).

Anyway, enough drum babble - it could be made out of pressboard so long as it sounds useful to your ears!

http://www.drumwerks.com/soundlab/YamahaOakCustom_14 x5.5_Tight&Open.zip

Thanks for the kind words, DeadEyes.

Finally forcing myself to go through the many files that have accumulated.

I will find others, hopefully some different flavors, and continue the thread.

And, for anyone, if you make use of these in any actual mixes, definitely share. Would love to see how they sound in a musical context.