Peavey 5150 / 6505 Settings + Samples

zemes

New Metal Member
After reading so much about different settings and tips and tricks, I decided to make a comparison of five famous 6505 / 5150 Settings that are frequently cited here in the forum. I used the DI-Tracks provided by Ola Englund (thanx for that Ola) and provide the raw guitar tracks as well as mixed examples. I also added a PDF-File with the exact settings used for the reampings. You can find all that stuff at my blog: http://www.metalrecording.com

(Sorry for not posting the whole thing here in the forum but I'm too lazy to post all this stuff here again! If you like the stuff, feel free to copy it into this tread ;) )

As i told you in the original Ola thread :

"Nice ! Thanks for sharing ! Good to hear the effect of moving the mic on a killer reamped guitar track.

EDIT : killer job with the backing track remix also
EDIT 2 : bass seems a bit low in the mix tho'"

Thanks for Sharing! This is going to be a great reference for a reamping newb like me.
:headbang:

For me it's a toss-up between Andy's and KsE's

I really like the KSE settings! Used them with the balance of the TS set to full and with less gain and bass at the amp. I set the mic (SM 57) off-axis at the crossing between the cone and the dust cap. Sounds really really nice. Perhaps I will upload the final result soon...