Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo

Sorry if this is old news, but I just noticed Peavey is going to put out a 60W combo version of the 6505+ with one 12" speaker. I was going to get myself a Bugera 6260 and a HB 2x12" cab with V30's, but since the MSRP for this one is a bit over $700, I might have to reconsider. Any thoughts?

Here's the news: http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/352/20091501.cfm

Eh, I'd always rather have a separate head and cab than a tube combo, both for the annoying weight of a combo and the fact that you have more expandability/versatility with a head/cab (in terms of being able to replace one or the other)

I think more expandability/versatility would have to be a combo :)

If you don't want to lug a separate cab to go jam with someone, and don't want to buy a micro-marshall paper shredder, you've got a combo.

If you don't like the way the combo records, plug it into a normal 4x12. It's exactly like having a head, but without the necessity of having a separate cab around at all times.

I'm probably gonna pick one of these up, its about time they started making these.

Hmm, don't know what a "Micro Marshall Paper Shredder" is, but if you mean some sort of small, cheap head, there are plenty of good used ones out there ;) And the amp and cab are usually individually lighter than the combo, but since this 6505 is a 1x12, it's probably not that bad (I still have awful memories of my old 5150 2x12 combo :ill: ). And yeah, good point on the speaker out for recording, but I guess my issue is I'd always rather use a head and separate closed-back 2x12 (or 4x12 of course) for live playing, so to also have an expensive tube combo just for practicing with the dudes seems like a waste of money to me; I'd rather get something like a Peavey Vypyr or Roland Cube for that.

I'm usually not a fan of combos (other than old Fenders), but I'd actually consider one of these if I needed a practice rig. For now I just practice with my Mesa Oversized 4x12! Hehe.

-Joe