Peavey Cirrus bass? playability? good for heavier stuff?

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
Still looking around for a nice quality used 5 or 6 string bass for recording... did have it narrowed down to a Spector Euro 5LX, but still waiting for a used one...

The Peavey Cirrus looks really nice too.... thinking about maybe going with one of these instead if I find a good price on one before a Spector. Just wondering if any of you guys have one or have opinions on them? I've heard they play really well and seem to be really versatile... how are they for heavier stuff?

EDIT: I meant to post this in the equipment section... sorry

One of my good friends (and an ace bassist) had one and absolutely adored it (had to sell it for rent money though :(), and I know they're some of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on!

the Cirrus BXP 5 is a quite good and very inexpensive bass for sure, if you're looking for some cheap deal. made in Indonesia I think.

the american ones are obviously even better, and the Spector Euro5 looks and sounds great. imagine a warmer Warwick, sort of. surprised me because there's no huge difference with the USA one.

just my 2cents.

the Cirrus BXP 5 is a quite good and very inexpensive bass for sure, if you're looking for some cheap deal. made in Indonesia I think.

the american ones are obviously even better, and the Spector Euro5 looks and sounds great. imagine a warmer Warwick, sort of. surprised me because there's no huge difference with the USA one.

just my 2cents.

Actually I'm talking about the USA Cirrus. They come up for pretty good prices used.... about the same as the spector euros actually, maybe a little less. I meant to post this in the equipment forum though, so I'm not going to post in here again

I have the original Zephyr through neck 5 string same shape body I believe all made out of maple ,mahogany and some other exotic African wood is it bubinga or something? any way had it for over 10 years or something it was about £300 stock pups the most playable bass I own and the tone is deep as fuck.
I dont know if they are still available but Harley Benton started to reproduce them as copies for a fraction of the price and even improved on the build quality ,I speak as an owner of both.