PENTAGRAM - for those who died alone

Folklore

Orphaned Avi (not drumer)
Sep 18, 2002
Israel
www.orphaned-land.co.il
I`d like to ask you`re attention to this turkish band- Pentagram, who`s new name is Mazarkabul (i think...)

This band actually blends the turkish music with extremely good metal. I hopt that the turkish fans in this forum can find a link to any webpage about this group, which i find excellent.

You should all try to listen to "For those who died alone". an excellent instrumental tune.. really deep and penetrating... :worship:

I actually never heard their music before, but when we were on our show in Turkey everybody there always asked me if I know them, and were really surprised when i said I didn't. I understood that that they are concidered to be a top act there and that they make the people there very proud...

:headbang:

They Are Really Good , I Knew Them As " Pentagram " And Especially With "anatolia" But They Changed Their Name To " Mezarkabul " Because As They Said There Is Another Band ( I Think From America )that Had The Same Name... As " Mezarkabul " I Know Two Of Their " Works " :it Is " Bir " And " Unspoken ".

http://www.mezarkabul.com/
is the official site of the band. they used to be a speed metal act in late 80's. with lotsa satanic attitude and bla bla. then their sound was transformed to an oriental type of thrash metal with the 1992 album "trail blazer", some of you know their later oriental power thrashing sound with the century media release "anatolia" (2003 eurovision winner sertap erener also sing in the title track) and later the "unspoken" release in a new name as mezarkabul. yea they're the biggest metal act in turkey. they do not play live so often, when they do so it is usually became sold out. they're the metallica of turkey. and i guess they're the best metal band in balkan and middleeast area with rotting christ and orphaned land. i guess the people who are familier with the oriental side of orphaned land might like pentagram as well.

Hey, nice to see some interaction from band members!

also I just noticed Century Media Mailorder has their other masterpiece "Anatolia" up for grabs! Go get it! (sorry for all the advertising, the drummer is my good friend)

Yes, that would indeed be awesome. The bands that will play there are:

PAUL DI`ANNO
U.D.O.
PAIN OF SALVATION
CIRCLE II CIRCLE
MEZARKABUL(Pentagram)
BLAZE
DESTRUCTION
SENTENCED
EPICA
HATEBREED
MARDUK
KATATONIA
MALEVOLENT CREATION
AMON AMARTH
CALIBAN
CENOTAPH
MORE THAN EVER
ASAFATED
MORIBUND OBLIVION
SOLITUDE

As you see, mezarkabul(pentagram) will also be there among other great bands. Btw, some years ago I asked kobi via an e-mail if they would cover a pentagram song. I'd also recommend you İzzet Yıldızhan, he's very much like ibo but much better than ibo's newer songs. I can send you some mp3s if you wish...