People are fucking idiots.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
I Pm'ed a d000d over at the HC forums about an H4. Mind you I don't need one just thought it would be fun to have and grab stuff when I want.

He has it down for $175 shipped. Very cool price, actually even with all the stuff below it's still a good deal.

Mkay...

Doesn't mention he won't take paypal. Doesn't mention "+fees" if you pay with paypal.

He comes back with this:

"Well if you want to use paypal I have to charge you shipping since they bang me with a fee. Shipping should be $10-15 ground."

So I say $190 shipped? No thanks.

He says "okay go buy one for $299 at a store".

I come back with "the paypal fee for a $175 transaction is $8.88".

So do sellers seriously think that most buyers have the word cunt written on their forehead? I would have done it but he wasn't up front about anything, so fuck it. :lol:

So anyone else have some weird/odd sell/buy stories?

So anyone else have some weird/odd sell/buy stories?

The guy I bought my Fireball from actually sent me the thing BEFORE he got any money from me and put a footswitch on top of it. Which is pretty cool if you think about the fact that we only had contact via e-mail...

I certainly wouldn't do that....

When I bought my first half stack I was stupid enough to pay in advance before he shipped the thing. Then the excuses started. "I broke my back, can't carry it around yet", "I was just gonna go send it but the brakes on my car broke!", "Yeah, had to fix the car so I haven't got any money for the shipping fees right now" etc. I had to mention that me and a couple of my ice-hockey playing, fridge-sized friends could drive there and pick the thing up so he wouldn't have to send it, and bam, the thing came in mail two days later. But the fucker had me pay for shipping twice - I already included it in the payment as we agreed, but I still had to pay something like 40 euros extra when I picked it up.

From the PayPal User Agreement:
4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

So do sellers seriously think that most buyers have the word cunt written on their forehead?

Here ya go:

gt.jpg

Sorry dude, couldn't resist!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha, note to self: when taking self-pictures, don't use the flash if you don't want every pore and skin-grease splotch highlighted for all the world to see :lol: :heh:

Looked on eBay many many moons ago for my first professional video camera, found a guy who was selling his old Canon XL1 because the new XL2s were in. Decent price for the kit and he had good real feedback, so I bought the thing.

6 weeks pass and nothing. Send the guy a few emails asking what the deal is, who is shipping it, tracking, etc. Gives me all the right info and ***** can't find it. THEY LOST IT IN TRANSIT. A $4,000 camera magically gone. Asked the seller what to do, he said "I'll give you my spare XL1 no charge and I'll deal with *****." Sure enough I get his other XL1 and to my knowledge he's still looking for that first lost one.

6 weeks pass and nothing. Send the guy a few emails asking what the deal is, who is shipping it, tracking, etc. Gives me all the right info and ***** can't find it. THEY LOST IT IN TRANSIT. A $4,000 camera magically gone. Asked the seller what to do, he said "I'll give you my spare XL1 no charge and I'll deal with *****." Sure enough I get his other XL1 and to my knowledge he's still looking for that first lost one.

This, combined with my recent experience of receiving a cracked cab and sending someone a combo amp that got RAPED by UPS a few years ago is why I ALWAYS GET INSURANCE.